Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 720 & music
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 720 & music

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: TT 720 & music Reply with quote

I played music for the first time today via FM and every time just before an announcement was made the song would stutter .Has anyone else found this or is there any cure for it as it got a bit annoying after almost 200 miles today
OR again is it something I will have to live with till the next update ,it never did it before on any version
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have put a few thousand miles in with the unit doing just this, in the end I have abandoned playing mp3 music from the TomTom as it simply doesn't perform:

Stuttering mp3 tracks.

Incapable of playing music sampled at 320KBPs without slowing the track down.

To be honest these days I use the car deck for the music as I am fed up with messing around trying to get things working via the TT - Its just not worth the effort as the hardware and software simply isn't up to decent audio standards, even the hands free for the phone is now locked in to a different device that works all the time (and plays through the car rather than the TT device)

The x20 device that I have used to work very well, but recent updates have seen it fail when it comes to the extra features, all I want from the unit is a "point and shoot" navigation device which is why the XL IQ Live is of interest - Mike
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mike .. You would think by now they would have had a perfect product after +- 2 years of public trials ...
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad no more music till the next update then
mz500r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes mine does that as well thought I was hearing things Sad also gets stuck on mp3 and voice navigation a pin sorts that shame now I have to take my 720 and the rider in the car just in case the 720 does not work Sad

Last edited by mz500r on Mon May 25, 2009 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - been ongoing since 8.300

Yet another advertised feature like handsfree that just doesn't work reliably.

Log it with TT support - I bet the reply is along the lines of reformat, run clear flash twice, reload everything, perform a hard and soft reset, then you will be the first person ever to have logged it with them, it will be all your fault as you are overtaxing the processor and why should you expect to be able to play mp3s and navigate and take phone calls at the same time - apparently you can only do one thing at once!!! Oh, and don't try bluetooth audio as well as that is just too much for the unit to handle!

The final response will be that it will be fixed in a future update and your call will be closed. I have 10+ support calls closed in the same manner, and after 2 years the only thing they have actually fixed in a software update is the RDS-TMC delay information not showing 1 minute all of the time. Unfortunately that introduced the bug that all of the average speeds for traffic incidents are in kmh not mph!

Perhaps someone at TT should go on an ITIL course and realise that 'best practice' is to close a support call when the end user confirms that the issue is resolved, not when you have given some useless advice that doesn't actually fix it but you have to meet your target of closed calls per day.

Rant over ..................
pdauser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
Yep - been ongoing since 8.300

Yet another advertised feature like handsfree that just doesn't work reliably.

Log it with TT support - I bet the reply is along the lines of reformat, run clear flash twice, reload everything, perform a hard and soft reset, then you will be the first person ever to have logged it with them, it will be all your fault as you are overtaxing the processor and why should you expect to be able to play mp3s and navigate and take phone calls at the same time - apparently you can only do one thing at once!!! Oh, and don't try bluetooth audio as well as that is just too much for the unit to handle!

The final response will be that it will be fixed in a future update and your call will be closed. I have 10+ support calls closed in the same manner, and after 2 years the only thing they have actually fixed in a software update is the RDS-TMC delay information not showing 1 minute all of the time. Unfortunately that introduced the bug that all of the average speeds for traffic incidents are in kmh not mph!

Perhaps someone at TT should go on an ITIL course and realise that 'best practice' is to close a support call when the end user confirms that the issue is resolved, not when you have given some useless advice that doesn't actually fix it but you have to meet your target of closed calls per day.

Rant over ..................

oh dear, when is tomtom going to get its act together and produce stuff that actually works. I do wonder if they are should just stick to what they know, simply getting us from A to B without all the bells and whistles, and leave music and fm alone at least until they have the hang of it properly.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:

that's what our company does ,we've got a few guys who job it is to find bugs and fix them before the customers find them and if a customer does find 1 they sit and fix it properly before sending out a update. pity tom-tom can't do that

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: