Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speedcam Database complaints - comments/help required
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speedcam Database complaints - comments/help required
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyeQue
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
I presume that all of the Garmin gps units display the camera id when you get a warning. I know my i3 does on the red bar across the top of the display.

A typical alert says:

50mph Speed Alert Ahead
Speed Alert: 50mph
Alert: GATSO: xxxx-50

If you are able to stop safely you can then note the camera number/id on the screen. It can then be checked against the master list here at PGPSW.

Not all Garmin units have the same software/firmware for interperating the speed camera database in the same way!

The Oregon does not show the ID number without manipulation!
#1 shows proximity warning[default settings]
#2 shows overspeed warning[default settings]

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=74878

By manipulating the database - I cannot stand the continuous Overspeed warnings - I now get the audible and visual proximity warning, visual camera ID, and the visual Zonned camera icons.

Kithfh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Reply Reply with quote

RonnyGold wrote:
Darren. your right, sorry. being a beginner I didnt realise.

Paulb2005. Ive lost count so I dont have any specific places of wrong warnings.

RonnyGold, you've probably spotted this, but just fyi as I didn't when I first subscribed to the pocket gps database. You'll also need to "untick" the Garmin own speed camera database, otherwise you'll continue to get their old (often out of date) alerts alongside the new ones
Browntea
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Browntea - You'll only be alerted to cameras if you are over the speed limit. If you are below the speed limit they'll appear but not alert. Does that help?
-----

Hi PaulB, back from holidays now. Thanks, yes it does help. If under the speed limit then none of the proximity, overspeed, or all-clear alerts are sounded by my Garmin. If my speed creeps up then I do get whichever of the three alerts types is relevant. Thanks for the advice. Regards Browntea.
RonnyGold
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Kithfh. Thank you. I did that.
Is there any way of changing proximity alerts on the garmin nuvi 770? All I can get is the annoying "bing"!!
RonnyGold
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyeQue wrote:
Pocketgps wrote:
I presume that all of the Garmin gps units display the camera id when you get a warning. I know my i3 does on the red bar across the top of the display.

A typical alert says:

50mph Speed Alert Ahead
Speed Alert: 50mph
Alert: GATSO: xxxx-50

If you are able to stop safely you can then note the camera number/id on the screen. It can then be checked against the master list here at PGPSW.

Not all Garmin units have the same software/firmware for interperating the speed camera database in the same way!

The Oregon does not show the ID number without manipulation!
#1 shows proximity warning[default settings]
#2 shows overspeed warning[default settings]

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=74878

By manipulating the database - I cannot stand the continuous Overspeed warnings - I now get the audible and visual proximity warning, visual camera ID, and the visual Zonned camera icons.

Can I manipulate my database on the nuvi 770???
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there any way of changing proximity alerts on the garmin nuvi 770? All I can get is the annoying "bing"!!

Have you seen the Voice Alerts? Make sure you get the pack that matches the database type you download (Speed Zoned or Consolidated).
eyeQue
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The database is is not manipulated on the unit - it is done prior to loading using Garmin POI Loader.

I use the Zoned database because of the more detailed icons available.
Never used your unit!
You should be more specific about what you want to change - all Garmin units use different software/firmware, and we want different details from the unit. Some want voices, overspeed warnings ect, I want one proximity audible warning and then only visual warnings.

With some units giving continuous warnings for locations off your route it is so distracting for the driver and the pasengers!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: