Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Compatible Mobile Phones
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Compatible Mobile Phones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratman633
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Compatible Mobile Phones Reply with quote

My current phone is about to expire so I've been looking around. I quite like the look of the LG cookie but it's not on TomTom's list of compatible phones. Does anyone know if this phone works ok with the x40 units? Particularly the ability to read text messages which I do find useful. My current phone (Sony Ericsson W580i) is not on the list either but works ok.

Thanks

Keith
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 740 works great with my iPhone. Cool
skoda-man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: tt7 / htc diamond Reply with quote

tt 720 (7.45) works well on htc diamond (windows 6.1) Very Happy
wiggy001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamaster wrote:
My 740 works great with my iPhone. Cool

Really?! My 740 worked with my iPhone for about a week then stopped connecting to it. Now it won't pick it up at all. Evil or Very Mad
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Nokia N82 (not on list) worked until the 8.3xx updates and then stopped. Having tried it with 7.220, it still doesn't work. Now my old Nokia N73 (On the List) fails to work on either application, when it did before!

Consitency or what?

TT support just say keep looking, the compatibility list is updated daily. Load of cobblers!
ratman633
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I took a chance on the LG cookie, It connects and works ok, but no spoken text messages. Shame as I did like that feature.
Haven't yet updated to 8.350 maybe the spoken texts will work then? Then again maybe not.
Perhaps a list of phones (and features known to work) would be a useful addition to the forum?

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratman633 wrote:
Perhaps a list of phones (and features known to work) would be a useful addition to the forum?

Whilst this is a good idea in principle, in practice is rather difficult due to the number of phones that get released each month, at the end of the day I can use the TomTom for Handsfree IF I elect to, as for SMS I don't use it and have never owned a phone that actually worked with the TT for SMS.

There have been other threads where site members have created lists of what works, but when you consider the huge numbers of phones and the fact that TomTom alter the Navcore software at least every three months the information gets out of date far too often - Mike
defi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only phones I have used which work perfectly with sms are Sony Ericssons. The phones seem to have speaker reliabilty issues though

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: