Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt865 wrote:
edit: like some other new navcores, when you browse the map it shows you a floating arrow tip that shows the distance to home/ destination, plus an arrow showing North in relation to the direction you should be heading.

The arrows are active, and allow you to jump to the destination and start (and current location?). Nice touch, as I always ended up having to "find" the destination to check it.
bensonboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Yep, Andy, on my 720 anyway the custom ov2 files were always clumped at the beginning, never merged.

Is it just because they are ticked? When I have the custom files ticked they are at the top, when un-ticked they are alphabetically arranged in with the pre-loaded ones.
HappyTrucker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho Hum. Seems like another stuff up then. Pity about the Tripmaster and other plugins. These plugins weren't damaging anyhting, just adding functionality to the devices. Don't know what TT's issue with the SDK was to be honest. Miserable people. OK, video players could have been a potential safety issue, but an add-on that just makes use of the screen can't have any bearing on anything.

Remind me how I roll back to my previous version for the time being. Do I just overwrite the TT program file?
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right .. I've got some time on my hands today, so on the basis that I've got everything backed up and it can't really do any more harm I tried going through the reformat/reinstall/ClearFlash routine with my Go720. That took it right back to navcore v7.481 initially - and it still exhibited the same symptoms.

It wouldn't connect to any computer - and I've tried it on two different ones - unless the reset button is pressed and the device is then dropped into the cradle *before* turning the power on (this then connected straight away, without giving me the "Do you want to connect to computer?" prompt). Any other attempt to connect, no matter what I do or in what order, results in the device going to sleep after I tap 'yes' in response to the "Do you want to connect ..." prompt, and requiring a paper-clip reset to bring it back to life.

Ran the update option in Home, updated again to v8.350 - still the same.

I thought I was gettting a bargain with this refurb from TotalPDA - but a bargain ceases to be a bargain if it doesn't bl**dy work! Evil or Very Mad
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bensonboo wrote:
dhn wrote:
Yep, Andy, on my 720 anyway the custom ov2 files were always clumped at the beginning, never merged.

Is it just because they are ticked? When I have the custom files ticked they are at the top, when un-ticked they are alphabetically arranged in with the pre-loaded ones.

No, they are ticked and still merged......

No big thing, of course, just something I observed.

Also noted this:

When installation was done, for the first time (that I can remember), Home said that the unit was now going to get rebooted to finish the installation. Well, it did that and, upon reboot, it showed BOTH internal AND the sdhc card as HARD DRIVE (with different letters)! This is in the screen where you choose to select internal or external (or did).

Figure that this was not a good thing, eh? But shutting down the unit, shutting down Home, restarting the unit, connecting to pc, starting Home again showed the familiar internal or external differentiations.
Paul80
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just up-dated my 540

Also getting the Computer voices not supported by your device message message
eaq41571l
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Screen redraw bug 8.350 Reply with quote

Got a bug on my Go720 with 8.350: the rivers have a fill bug: note the horizontal blue lines. Embarassed

This is a screen shot from Tomtom HOME- Browse map, but it's the same on the device; and these lines also appear to a lesser degree on the main navigation screen in 2D presentation. I don't use 3D so can't comment. Didn't notice it when using 8.320, but then again I could have been uselessly unobservant Rolling Eyes
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Screen redraw bug 8.350 Reply with quote

eaq41571l wrote:
Got a bug on my Go720 with 8.350: the rivers have a fill bug: note the horizontal blue lines. Embarassed

This is a screen shot from Tomtom HOME- Browse map, but it's the same on the device; and these lines also appear to a lesser degree on the main navigation screen in 2D presentation. I don't use 3D so can't comment. Didn't notice it when using 8.320, but then again I could have been uselessly unobservant Rolling Eyes

Yes, I can repeat this. Not quite the same as yours, but certainly artifacts in that area. Hard to get though.
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good change in this release is the GDI handle leak doesn't happen any more when operating the device in Home. That and the traffic in home makes this really neat for me. Thanks TomTom!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
bensonboo wrote:
dhn wrote:

No, they are ticked and still merged......

Where are we looking?

On Navigate to... / POI / POI near you (or any other choice)/ Forward arrow... I get a merged alphabetical list (irrespective of any 'ticks') AND ALWAYS HAVE DONE.

On Change Preferences / Show POI on map I get any 'ticked' ones first (both mine and the built-in ones, sorted alphabetically), followed by all the others, also merged and sorted alphabetically.

But as I normally only have my own ones 'ticked', it can appear that they are kept at the top of the list.
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gareth71
Well, it looks as if you have tried all the options to get the device back to navigation use. Hell, I felt sure that a reformat would put things right.

I agree that it seems rather a coincidence that the thing was running ok before downloading the new navcore, but, no one else has suffered the dame fate as you.

I’m sorry that I cant think of any other suggestions.
Good Luck.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks
Can one of you please give me the link to ‘How to do a screen grab of the Tomtom’ please. I’ve searched using the words ‘Screen Grab/shot’ but haven’t been able to see the wood for the trees.
Thanks.
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor1234 wrote:
Can one of you please give me the link to ‘How to do a screen grab of the Tomtom’ please.
Do you mean on the Device itself?

If so, create a folder on the TT called Screen, then into it place a blank file called capture. Create it with Notepad. Open Notepad, but don't type anything at all, not even a Carriage Return.

Then File Save As, and call it capture, must be all lower case. Next, with Explorer, delete the .TXT extension.

Copy this file to the Folder called screen.

If you tap the top left corner of the TT screen you will get a Camera Shutter sound, and a BMP in the Screen Folder.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
gluey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a bug,
Anyone confirm this?
(0n 540 unit)

Using voice control.
Navigate to favourite then select a fav from the list.
Mine picks the correct one on the list but plans the route for another one on the list.

Tried a few resets but still the same.
Kev
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oldboy
Thanks. I had read the instruction some time ago and even had the thing up and running. However, every time I accidentally tapped up in the Left hand corner of the screen I landed up with another picture and consequently took the thing off with the intention of putting it back on when I needed it.

And, yes, I had forgotten how to put it back until you answered my cry for help. Cheers.
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 5 of 39

Jump to: