Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iPAQ 2210 Bluetooth & GPS Drop Outs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iPAQ 2210 Bluetooth & GPS Drop Outs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cuk0724
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: iPAQ 2210 Bluetooth & GPS Drop Outs Reply with quote

Running TomTom Nav Ver 3.01 (409/2) and GPS Ver 3.02 on an iPAQ 2210 ROM Ver 1.10 with a TomTom Bluetooth receiver.

The problem I get is the following. I can connect to the received with no problems, but after a while, could be 1 min or half hour, I lose GPS data and the the small bar of dots that indicated connection to the received stops. The receiver blue tooth light still shows connection as well as the GPS data light that still shows it has position. This will stay like this for a few seconds, and then GPS data continues. Much like driving through a tunnel. This happens for a while could be 3,4,5 etc times, and then I will lose the Bluetooth connection. I then have to exit TomTom and restart and then the same thing will happen all over again.

I have reinstalled after a hard reset and still have the problem, TomTom being the only programme installed. If I go back to using TomTom ver 2.24 and GPS Ver 2.07 I have no problems, so it is not the receiver. Any ideas other than its a problem with TomTom 3 and the 2210!!!!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it looks like they haven't really fixed the issue yet.

Can you see if the memory usage increases over time when TomTom is running? Maybe they have introduced a memory leak, and can't really find it yet.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
cuk0724
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try and check tomorrow about the meory leak. I have e-mailed TomTom, so I will wait and see what their response is.

It will be interesting to see if any other 2210 owners are have the same problems.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're prepared to hard reset again, it may be worth trying GPS 2.07 and Navigator 3.01 to see if that's any better.

David
cuk0724
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if I can be bothered to do another hard reset again!!!

I checked the memory today when I lost signal/connection, and it did not change.

I had this reply from TomTom today:

"After you upgrade to TT3 and also have the 3.02 driver installed delete your bluetooth pairing and then attempt to 'pair' the device again, and then see if the problems continue:"

Did that and yes I still have the problem.

Lets see what they come up with next.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left out the word "especially" from before my reference to hard resetting.

You could try uninstalling GPS 3.02 fully (which will take two remove program attempts), then installing GPS 2.07 to see if that's any better. This will also narrow down the possible sources of blame, as you were using GPS 2.07 successfully with Navigator 2 (though it's possible that Navigator 3 is subtly different in the way it uses the GPS driver).

On the other hand, if a GPS fix is needed, TomTom will move forward from 3.02, rather than backing up to the 2.07 code, so it may make more sense to persevere with 3.02 and keep bugging TomTom. My impression from the forums is that downgrading to 2.07 doesn't solve the problems anyway.

David
cuk0724
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had this from TomTom

Our apologies,

Could you be so kind to install our GPS 3.02 software.
-Please remove the old GPS SW.
-This may seem strange. . . Please install the GPS 3.02 Software (2)/two times "overwite these"
(There are cases in wich the drivers are not installed proper after the first installation.)

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Done that still same problem, so I will keep bugging them!!
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just received an e-mail from tomtom about the drop outs (today, 10 May 2004 11:12 CET) ....

Quote:
We are aware that some, but not all, 2210 users are still experiencing problems after upgrading to 3.02. Our software development team are working on a solution to the problem.

cuk0724
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not heard anything from them since last week, so thats for that information. At least they have addmitted ver 3.02 has a problem.
PeteT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: iPAQ 2210 Bluetooth & GPS Drop Outs Reply with quote

cuk0724 wrote:

The problem I get is the following. I can connect to the received with no problems, but after a while, could be 1 min or half hour, I lose GPS data and the the small bar of dots that indicated connection to the received stops. The receiver blue tooth light still shows connection as well as the GPS data light that still shows it has position. This will stay like this for a few seconds, and then GPS data continues. Much like driving through a tunnel. This happens for a while could be 3,4,5 etc times, and then I will lose the Bluetooth connection. I then have to exit TomTom and restart and then the same thing will happen all over again.

I have exactly the same problem. I use the fortuna ClipOn 2210 v1.10, TT3.01 GPS 3.02. I am currently trying a another fortuna ClipOn to see if that is the problem. If you do find out how to solve this problem can you let me know. I have also going to email TomTom.

Thanks

Pete
cuk0724
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not my receiver, as I do not have the problems when I run TomTom ver2.

If and when I get any more info from TomTom, I will post.
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete,

It would seem that I have the same equipment as yourself (and I am also in Leeds too!) - Difference being I uninstalled TTN3.01 when it started the losing connections trick, and reinstalled 3.00. and it now works perfectly. (well apart from other software bugs like Outlook Integration and address Lookups and Postcode Lookups etc). However I suspect that you may not be able to do this as the software you bought may already be TTN3.01? Is that right? If so then you cannot do as I did and go back to a working system. As this is only your third posting I am guessing you are a very new purchaser of your system (either that or you have been too shy to write to these forums!!) :D

Anyway if you are a new buyer and thes system does not work, then the sale of goods act gives you the right to return the product to your supplier and ask for your money back, after all the system does not do what you paid for it to do, do not let the dealer fob you off on this, your contract is with them not TomTom. - you can then buy a working system, either other software or different PDA to use with Tom Tom - Either way, let TomTom know that the product "is not of merchantable quality" and that is why you have sent it back - that should stir them up somewhat, and maybe get the thing put right for the rest of us too!

Cheers

Steve
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

To my knowledge, all the upgrade discs contain Navigator 3.01, and 3.00 is not available as a download. I suspect that, right now, there are more people who have upgraded than have bought Navigator 3 as a new purchase.

David
PeteT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

I've had the system since the end of last year, i must be shy. Embarassed

i have TTN2.24, that worked a treat no problems at all. therefore i have the upgrade CD with 3.01 on it so v3.00 isn't a solution for me.

My dad uses the same setup as me and he has no problems at all. i am using his gps unit today with my 2210. The journey to work was fine with no drop outs. Although last week i drove to to Slough and back with my GPS unit with out any problems.

When i first installed TomTom v3.01, i think it worked fine. I am tempted to do a hard reset and try again.

Pete
topgearuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: iPAQ 2210 Bluetooth & GPS Drop Outs Reply with quote

cuk0724 wrote:
Running TomTom Nav Ver 3.01 (409/2) and GPS Ver 3.02 on an iPAQ 2210 ROM Ver 1.10 with a TomTom Bluetooth receiver.

I have reinstalled after a hard reset and still have the problem, TomTom being the only programme installed. If I go back to using TomTom ver 2.24 and GPS Ver 2.07 I have no problems, so it is not the receiver. Any ideas other than its a problem with TomTom 3 and the 2210!!!!

I have same software versions as you but a socket Bluetooth gps unit and I get very similar problems with drop outs happening intermittently but when mine drops out I get the Bluetooth manager pop up so most of the time I can click on the gps icon and it normally restarts however this is still annoying.

I have owned all versions of Tom Tom and this is by far the most unstable and most
bugged version yet released by them. Hope they can sort this out soon.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: