Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom Go520 Bluetooth Phone volume
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom Go520 Bluetooth Phone volume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Streetburner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Tomtom Go520 Bluetooth Phone volume Reply with quote

Is there a way to increase the Tomtom Go520 Bluetooth Phone volume.
IE: when recieving a call thru tomtom the volume is not as loud as map direction volume (thats great). I have phone volume to max & tomtom volume to max, I can here it but with the van noise it`s not loud enough, any suggestions,thanks.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this..

During a call tap the bottom left of the screen and you'll get the Volume slider. Increase the volume and see if that works. You must do it in call though.
HappyTrucker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than not having the call volume up loud enough (as above) as far as I'm aware the only option is to have an audio cable from the TT to the Radio Cassette to send the phone conversation to your stereo.

However, it never used to be just as simple as that (surprise surpirise). Something to do with feedback etc I think. There used to be a fix for the x10 series where you could create a file on your TomTom called something like handsfreelineoutenable or similar and this would be a sort of back door to getting the phone audio to be able to be passed down the audio cable. I'm guessing that this wouldn't work for the FM transmitter though since it named lineout in the file. Wouldn't be surprised if TT have disabled this now though.

Since the 520 does have a transmitter (I think) are there no settings in Speaker preferences to have phone calls sent to the FM transmitter?

edit: The above would mean having either a) a wired headset attached to the lineout of the cradle or b) your radio having to be tuned permanently to the TT frequency so it's not an elegant solution by any means
Streetburner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Streetburner says`thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips will try next time out on the road, Streetburner
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
During a call tap the bottom left of the screen and you'll get the Volume slider. Increase the volume and see if that works. You must do it in call though.

Make sure the volume is up on the phone itself too. Often a different level is set for bluetooth hands-free use, and this needs turning up.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "lineoutappenable" work around was disabled with a software update within a few weeks of it being discovered back in the days the 910 was the flagship model, newer devices have not been able to support anything other than hands free audio using the built in speaker. I think it was pre Navcore 6,52 that you could get this working on a 910, once support for the RDS-TMC and FM transmitter dock were released the work around failed to work.

I have recently switched to using a decent car hands free kit as the device simply isn't reliable for phone conversations, couple this with the poor sound quality (compared to what you get via the cars speaker system) and you really notice a difference - Mike
HappyTrucker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just typical of them I suppose. How quickly those people 'fix' things. TBH I wish there was an easy way of using the unit for receiving texts but still having the calls in a hands free headset. Having it read out incoming texts can be good at times. Unless your texter doesn't punctuate or uses txt spk that is Shocked
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just resolved my handsfree problems by getting back my old GO700 - it had gone to son-in-law and I was struggling with 720 and 920. I've swapped him for a 720. So now I can hear the caller decently on the 700 speaker and the device doesn't crash in the middle of calls. The only thing I no longer get is reading messages out loud, but TBH I found that more of a gimmick than a vital necessity.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: