Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New firmware v1.323 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New firmware v1.323 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony_P1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned by Jonesbach, it appears that with 1.323 you have to copy the .map files across from SD to internal memory before you can export them with SatSync (export is greyed out when I try to export a file direct from SD). Irritating, but not a major issue. However, when I copy the 'my track raw.gpx' files from SD to PC they no longer open in GPSU ('import file error'). The file can still be imported into Memory Map, and once re-exported from there can be successfully opened by GPSU. The raw.gpx files I had exported from 1.30 still open fine in GPSU. Has anyone else had this problem?
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony_P1 wrote:
I've spent the morning switching the triplog on and off for long periods. I agree with Philpugh that the Active 10 keeps logging away as long as it has a GPS fix, and regardless of whether the triplog is on or off.

I have tried different setting combinations in an attempt to create your problem but to no avail. The only way I can get a continuous log as you report is to copy out the "All_Raw_Tracks.gpx". I can't believe my update somehow had a constructive fault that has given me this capability, the odds must be extremely close to zero. Perhaps I should start doing the lottery. I suggest you contact Satmap, they may be able to clarify what is happening.
Tony_P1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, maybe we aren't different. I see this 'continuous data collection' in the "All_Raw_Tracks.gpx", and also in the 'my track raw.gpx' (after converting track to trail). Both are the same if I do a track to trail without resetting data, and then immediately copy both to my PC. I think the 'my track raw.gpx' is just a snapshot of what is in the All_Raw_Tracks.gpx at the moment that you do a convert track to trail'. Does this make any sense? Apologies if I've been confusing.
Tony
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony_P1 wrote:
Ah, maybe we aren't different. I see this 'continuous data collection' in the "All_Raw_Tracks.gpx", and also in the 'my track raw.gpx' (after converting track to trail). Both are the same if I do a track to trail without resetting data, and then immediately copy both to my PC. I think the 'my track raw.gpx' is just a snapshot of what is in the All_Raw_Tracks.gpx at the moment that you do a convert track to trail'. Does this make any sense? Apologies if I've been confusing.
Tony

You are just ahead of me. I've just displayed the route exported and the route copied on a map and you are correct. Providing you export the file everything is fine but if you copy either gpx you are onto a looser. It's a shame because the raw gpx is useful, what Satmap gain by having two almost identical files using up space is unclear.
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my earlier post about a track created from a trail apparently not following the trail under the new software. It has happened again.

I was doing a short test walk to create a route that I could put through satsync. While doing the very short walk for interest sake I switched the log on and off a couple of times and noted that it seemed to work correctly. Then just for the hell of it I switched the A10 off and on again. A couple of minutes to re-sync and I walked on. All seemed well but when I finally stopped the log and told it to convert to a track the track ended up some distance from where the dots of the trail ran! Now I know I was pushing the system by all the offs and ons but I don't recall anything like this under version 1.3.

Anyone else noted anything similar?
Satsync 1.525
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostMike wrote:
..... the track ended up some distance from where the dots of the trail ran! Now I know I was pushing the system by all the offs and ons but I don't recall anything like this under version 1.3....

Looking on the Satmap at the short track I created this evening for the previous issue I can see when zoomed to maximum an error between my actual finish point and that logged by Satmap. The track deviates from the trail (because of the compacting) and does seem to stop short of where I actually stopped the logging but the error is small. I did not turn off/on etc. during the walk.

I'll watch it over the next couple of days to see if I can catch it out in a bigger error.
Tony_P1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony_P1 wrote:
when I copy the 'my track raw.gpx' files from SD to PC they no longer open in GPSU ('import file error'). The file can still be imported into Memory Map, and once re-exported from there can be successfully opened by GPSU. The raw.gpx files I had exported from 1.30 still open fine in GPSU.

I've now examined my 'my track raw.gpx' files. The Active 10 gives a date format in these that has no leading zero in the single digit days. eg 1,2,3. These files don't load into GPSU. Editing the days to the format 01, 02, 03 allows them to load fine. Coincidentally the old files I examined were created late in the month, so days such as 13, 16 were of course fine. I've passed this to SatMap for their info.

Tony

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: