Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Replacing TomTom Go 300
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacing TomTom Go 300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beancounter1968
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Replacing TomTom Go 300 Reply with quote

Hi

My girlfriend is replacing my 3 1/2 year old TomTom (UK and Eire) Go 300 for my birthday. The current unit runs much slower these days as I have upgraded maps, software, POI's, Voices and speed camera locations.

The birthday present is likely to be a TomTom One XL (Western Europe). I find the larger screen appealing but G/F is worried about some of the reviews. She is concerned that I will not be able to update properly as I use a vista laptop. Amazon reviews are cautious whereas Argos are very good. It seems very inconsistant and would value your opinions. I also noted that the new unit does not have an SD Card slot. Will this present a problem.

Thank you for reading and thank you for any responses.

Thanks

Phil
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of the Memory Card slot is somewhat restrictive when it comes to updates, but you should always be able to put a new Western Europe map on the device as updates are made available. You couldn't install a full North American map to the device for example. See if you can locate a 520 or 720 manufacturer refurb as you get the latest map, in the case of the 520 for just over £100 and it comes with a 12 month warranty.

As for Vista, I use it all the time and don't have any issues with connection to the TT devices, it simply works.

If/ When you get the new toy make sure you register it with a new e-mail address, if you use the same one from the 300 you really will have some fun and games (read frustration) - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: