Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 940 Keeps freezing whilst driving
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

940 Keeps freezing whilst driving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
limans75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: 940 Keeps freezing whilst driving Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am having some very frustrating problems with my Live 940. It intermitantly freeze's / crashes whilst I am driving. I have to turn it back off and then on again. This can happen as much as once in every 10 mins. Has anyone else had this issue?

Any help greatly recieved.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does this manifest itself? Does the screen just stop updating? If so can you access the menu?

I ask as I have the same issue and this is a known problem. Selecting the menu then returning to the map will resolve it albeit temporarily.
limans75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the response, I cant say I recall trying to select the menu, I relly on the remote control due to the position I have the 940, but the remote wont work.
I will try selecting the menu via the screen touch next time to rectify this. Is this a well known problem which has a fix and only relates to the 940?

Cheers,
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

limans75 wrote:
I will try selecting the menu via the screen touch next time to rectify this. Is this a well known problem which has a fix and only relates to the 940?

It's certainly a 'known' issue and one that we have made TomTom aware of. Happened to me a number of times now, the first couple of times I assumed it had hung and so rebooted it by holding down the power button. When I mentioned it to MikeA here he suggested I try accessing the menu as he has seen it and by doing so it seems to unstick for a period, certainly easier than a reboot.

There is no fix at present but we will keep you posted. i don't use a connected BT phone or memory card and my 940 is pretty much standard, even down to using TT Cameras (gives me a chuckle every time!) so what the cause is I don't know.
limans75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Darren,

That was going to be my next thing to try, disabling everything one by one. I do have Audible books playing over the FM Transmitter which I thought might be overloading the processor but doesnt sound like this is the issue.

Although I would say that the HD Traffic sometimes slows the general operation of the tomtom down, I wounder if some part of the HD Traffic programming / system is causing the screen to freeze? It does update every 3.

Will give the menu touch a try next time I am out.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: