Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sound problems on 720 + FM instruction removal
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound problems on 720 + FM instruction removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaflonpink
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Sound problems on 720 + FM instruction removal Reply with quote

Hi there

Since updating my TT720 to version 8.301 I have been experiencing sound problems. With computer voice enabled sound stutters and words are not completed. I spoke to TomTom support and was instructed to delete and reinstall the software from TomTom Home. This obviously meant that all my settings and speed camera spoken warnings disappeared.
After some 45 minuets speaking to the help desk I was told to try the unit out. Well the unit would not boot up correctly and screens changed at random, sound was no better at all.
I reinstalled all the software again from a backup, the unit now works but sound is still a problem.
I also see that the latest software disables instructions via the FM to my car radio. As this was a major buying features when I purchased the 720 I am angry that they just take it upon themselves to remove this.
Any help or comments would be welcome.
Jaflonpink
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, if you had taken a second to look at existing threads here, you would have (or should have) seen this one which is up to 45 pages.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound problems on 720 + FM instruction removal Reply with quote

jaflonpink wrote:
After some 45 minuets speaking to the help desk

That is a lot of music on hold to wait through Laughing
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, if you go to page 28 of the thread Dave has linked to you might find a few ideas on what to do, its not 100% but it is considerably better than the 8,300 or 8,301
If you are not using a v815 map though you might as well revert back to Navcore 8,010 which will stop the stammering and return the FM Tx - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound problems on 720 + FM instruction removal Reply with quote

jaflonpink wrote:

I also see that the latest software disables instructions via the FM to my car radio. As this was a major buying features when I purchased the 720 I am angry that they just take it upon themselves to remove this.

The topic that refers to this issue is HERE

If you don't want to wade through all 7 pages, basically it is a legal requirement due to some European telecoms regulations.
These say that you are not allowed to broadcast intermittent signals (i.e occasional navigation instructions), so basically TomTom's hands are tied...

Quote:
8.1 Basic requirements for Band II LPD
The following conditions shall be met by all Band II LPD:
• Band II LPD shall cease to transmit within 1 minute of the removal of audio modulation. Pilot tones to ensure continuity of transmission are not permitted.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: