Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia N73 Tomtom screen corrupt after firmware upgrade HELP!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia N73 Tomtom screen corrupt after firmware upgrade HELP!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reynoldsclan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Nokia N73 Tomtom screen corrupt after firmware upgrade HELP! Reply with quote

My phone had Tomtom installed on it and it worked ok. I then sent my phone in for repair and when it came back it had the newest firmware in it.

When tomtom starts to load the screen is ok then after a few seconds all the colours become dim as though there has been a blue film put over them. This is not the same as selecting night time colours as that just turns the screen even darker.

Strangly when you put the phone on charge when tomtom is running all the colours are ok for a few seconds whilst the charging inicator is displayed and as soon as that goes off the display colours are wrong again.

Apart from the wrong display colours the tomtom works perfectly but it is very hard to read the display.

Is there some setting i need to change?

All other aplications work ok

Any ideas would be appretiated

Thanks

Steve
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it mentions on the Nokia website that if you do a Firmware upgrade, you have to reinstall all the applications that were on the phone, before the upgrade.

It certainly advises that a full backup of Contacts and other user data is made, prior to any upgrade.

There have also been issues with certain Networks (Orange for one) in that they do not actually support firmware upgrades by Nokia themselves, until they, Orange, release their branded version.

I have an N73 on Orange and every time I connect it to my pc, I get a pop-up from Nokia to say there is a new firmware upgrade available. but when I asked Orange if they approved it, whilst they didn't actually say 'no', they did say that approved updates would only appear in the Orange Tech Support area on the Orange web site.

Reading some of the horror stories about non Orange approved updates being put on branded phones has made me reject the update every time. I suppose nearer the end on my contract, I'll do it and if it screws up, go for a new contact somewhere with a different phone.
reynoldsclan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already backed up and then reinstalled everything and the only piece of software i have a problem with is the tomtom. I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with this or other software and if there was anything to fix the problem. As it is the program is only good for listening to the voice commands if you can manage to program it.

Cheers

Steve
tino68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Screen probs Reply with quote

Did you have your screen replaced?I had a new screen fitted to my N73 alls well apart from tomtom which has a dim blue tinge to everything.I have spent last two days googling around to find nothing.I have installed R66 which works fine,but TomTom is the best.Not sure if the res is out for TomTom but sure is a strange one.Ihave borrowed an old screen from a pal and this works fine??????????
Any help will be most gratful.
Tino
reynoldsclan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its not the screen because all the tomtom colours go correct for a few seconds when the battery charging indicator at the bottom of the screen comes on. As soon as that goes off the tomtom colours go wrong again.

Cheers

Steve
tino68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea mine does the exact same thing,or if you hold the menu button down for 5 secs. to show running apps,this too will correct the colours.I reflashed the phone 1 week ago with the latest firmware and tomtom worked fine on the old sceen.You didnt say if you had a new screen fitted.
Tino
reynoldsclan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i know the screen wasnt changed. Any way it wouldnt matter if it had been changed as the colours correct themselves when it shows the phone is charging. if it was a problem with the screen it would b there all the time. i think something has changed slightly in the firmware and if i could i would revert back to the old firmware.

if you find a solution to this please let me know

Cheers

Steve
wcduck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got the same problem since I've replaced my display. When I install an other display, it seems to run properly again. Has anyone found a solution yet?
tino68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I think there fake screens from china,the ones you get off ebay.I believe that the resoloution for tomtom is not supported on the mickey mouse screens bummer or what.I've just put garmin xt on mine screen is fine but I'll say it again tomtom is the daddy.
Chris
reynoldsclan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure its the screen as mine hasnt been replaced. It could be the firmware upgrade as they normally upgrade the firmware to the latest revision when the phones are in for repair. Could you all let me know your firmware version and we could see if its that. I'll post mine when i can get to my phone

Cheers
tino68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its 100% not the firmware I had the old version when I replaced the screen and updating to the very latest made no difference.As I said puting the old screen back in made the screen work fine.
Chris
reynoldsclan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my firmware is V 3.0704.1.0.1 19-01-2007.

Mine was sent away with a faulty aeriel so i dont see why they would change the screen. Even if they did wouldn't they use genuine replacement parts?

Steve
tino68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I dont see why they would replace it,if they did there are lots of fake ones about.Id get in touch with them
Chris
Piotrplp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me my english Smile

I think that it isn't problem of LCD.

I noticed that when screen saver turn on, and I press joy to screen saver switch off, that LCD has fine colours.
It seem that when Tomtom decides about LCD is worng colours, and when phone decides the colours is in fine condition.

Regards,

PL
faz1975
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: N73 blue screen tomtom Reply with quote

Hi I was given a grey N73, RM133 as a replacement when my N73 ME couldn't fixed. Currently it is 4.0.735.3.0.2 firmware and puts a blocky blue film on TomTom. I see there is an upgrade to a '747' version. What versions are being used and will upgrading help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: