Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT GPS configuration loss problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT GPS configuration loss problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leodis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: TT GPS configuration loss problem Reply with quote

Hi

I am using TT Navigator 5.1 on a Mio 168 PPC with a built in reciever (Sirf chipset). Everytime I shut down the ppc I lose the reciever configuration. When I start up again I have to then open the TomTom206 driver software re configure the settings then fire up tom tom and set the reciever in the configuration settings there. This takes about 30 seconds but is a real pain and frustration Evil or Very Mad .

Any ideas how I can stop this problem ???

Leo
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the TomTom application installed on a memory card or internal memory? I take it the Mio still has power and is not running flat in between uses?
Leodis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren

TT is installed on the PPC not SD card. The battery has never discharged and rarely drops below 75% charge. Memory Map is also on the PPC. It seems like the configuration is a temporary config instead of permanent if that makes sense as I can use it for hours and hours without problems but as soon as I turn the thing off Bang goes that config and when I turn back on I then have to re_configure Sad

Leo
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TTN5,x application has its own integral GPS configuration and therefore doesn't need the TomTom Navigator version 3 driver that you mentioned (206).
Or are you using the 206 application to switch the GPS from SiRF mode back to NMEA? and each time you reset the / lose power the PDA is reverting back to SiRF mode on its own - Mike
Leodis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

It is the 206 application I am using. I believe the receiver has the Sirf chipset but I am not losing power am I ?? By turning off the device after exiting the applications properly should not lose any configurations should it ??. I do not really know what I am actually doing with the 206 app but it works and makes the receiver active

What I have noticed in the 206 app is that when I start the PPC and 206 application the tick box is always unticked and the USB option is selected even though when I left it it was serial cable on com 2 with the box ticked.

It is not the NMEA settings that alter only the serial cable connection which reverts to USB. I always have to select com 2 also within the TOmTom configuration for TT to work even when I have set it within the 206 application and the receiver is 'receiving'. Sorry my original question was not clear but sometimes I confuse myself let alone other folk Rolling Eyes

Leo
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perform a soft reset of the device by proding the reset button with the stylus, you won't lose data doing this, switch the device back on and start TomTom Navigator 5

DO NOT TOUCH THE TTN206 GPS SOFTWARE

Configure the GPS in the TTN5 application to work with the GPS (port should be SP2 if I remember correctly on the 168, with a Baud speed of 4800.

The device should now work, quit the application using the Exit function within the TomTom Navigator software.

Restart the TomTom Navigator 5 application and see if it can find the sat signal.

If the above works I would remove the TTN206 GPS driver application from the PDA, if this is left running by accident it will hog the GPS port preventing the TTN5 software from seeing the signal. As you said in the last reply you are not too sure what the application is actually for - as it isn't needed and can cause conflicts I would suggest the best course of action is to remove it - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: