Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman F20 US and Canada maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman F20 US and Canada maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxy2933
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Navman F20 US and Canada maps Reply with quote

Hello all.
I wonder if anyone has used USA CAN maps on SD card.Maps all load onto my unit and can be selected in manage maps screen but when I try to change country from find address screen only UK and Ireland are displayed.If UK and Ireland are deselected in manage maps and US or Can maps selected unit displays "No map data available".Is there a fault with card or unit ,or do I have to be in US region to view map data,plan routes etc.I have asked Navman but they just gave me a stock answer from their FAQ`s.
Thanks in advance for any help.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it original Navman SD card with maps or have you copied US and Canada maps on your own card?
foxy2933
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for responding to my post TheM.The card was sold to me as original Navman on ebay the seller assures me it is genuine.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can see the maps listed on the unit but you can't use them that would indicate that unit didn't like license files. So, either the card is not genuine Navman, card is defective (either because someone overwrote or deleted license files, or simply because card media is faulty), or this card was intended for different model. Does it have original Navman sticker with F20 written on it, along with US/CAN region indicator?
foxy2933
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The card certainly looks the part it has an original Navman sticker stating
'F-Series (excludes F10) ' with USA/CAN region indicators.I may not need to use it as Ive just treated my self to a new Tomtom 930 but I wouldnt want to pass it on to anyone else if its duff.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

foxy2933 wrote:
it has an original Navman sticker stating 'F-Series (excludes F10) ' with USA/CAN region indicators

That card should work on F20, F30, F40 and F50. Have you tried scanning card for errors on your PC?

What was Navman's stock answer?
foxy2933
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for responding I have scanned the card and it didnt show any errors.The answer from Navman which I had already tried was
" In order for the maps to work you need to delete the UK and Ireland and install the US and Canada in your device you can do that with the manage maps option on your device".
I have now contacted the ebay seller and suggested that the card is faulty or fake .

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: