Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sidcup Bypass Road - marks on the road but no camera?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sidcup Bypass Road - marks on the road but no camera?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pEst_29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Sidcup Bypass Road - marks on the road but no camera? Reply with quote

On Sidcup Bypass Road, a bit to the North of where it crosses with the A224, there are camera markings on the road under gantries both ways but they're not marked as cameras on the PGPSW database and I can't see any camera there (passed there 5 times this week and could never see one). Does anyone know if there are cameras there? If you look on Google Maps' satellite image, the markings are there too, which makes me think it's an old thing and they were later removed?

Coordinates between both cameras are 51.4152942 Lat and 0.10524988 Long.
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cameras aren't on the gantries, but on poles aside the on/off ramps on both sides between Perry Street (A222) and the Sevenoaks Way (A224).

They're numbered as GATSO 2783 (towards M25) and GATSO 784 (Towards London). They've been there for more years than I've had hot dinners (well, it feels like it, anyway Wink), both set at 50 mph.

Hope this helps, and Happy New Year Smile
pEst_29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's exactly the spot!

However, do you know why this is happening:
1 - They're not on the database I downloaded for my TomTom on the 24th of December, so I get no warnings when I go by them
2 - They're not showing on the google map on the camera submissions page http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras&op=SubmitCamera
3 - On that page, if you insert the camera numbers you just gave me, the map centres on the correct spot, but no camera icon is displayed there!

Could this be a technical error of the database?

It sucks because I went flying through it the first time (thought the limit was already 70 for some stupid reason and was probably doing 68 or so)!
Lets hope I get lucky... Any idea whether people get caught there a lot (or otherwise, away with it)?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

both 50mph gatso's were removed from the database in july 2007?!

MaFt
MartinT
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I haven't driven there for about a week but they aren't there anymore.

They were removed sometime ago and the one heading out of London was burnt out before now.

So the database is correct and the road markings are just the legacy. The only cameras nearby now are the ones checking for the Low Emission Zone.
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

MaFt

That's damned odd - they're in my tomtom (v6), and I recently purged as many of the older cam files as I could find. Hmm... time for another purge, I guess Sad

MartinT wrote:
Well I haven't driven there for about a week but they aren't there anymore.

They were removed sometime ago and the one heading out of London was burnt out before now.

So the database is correct and the road markings are just the legacy. The only cameras nearby now are the ones checking for the Low Emission Zone.

It's been a month or so since I last drove down there (I go through there once a month to a regular event I attend), and I remember seeing the northbound one (784) at that time. I'll on leave in Berkshire atm, but I'll make a point of coming through there on the way home at the end of the week, and have another dekko at both locations.
pEst_29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, good to know.

G1LIW, let us know your findings! I went through that road 5 times last week and couldn't see any!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

MaFt

G1LIW wrote:
That's damned odd - they're in my tomtom (v6), and I recently purged as many of the older cam files as I could find. Hmm... time for another purge, I guess

This shows just how 'good' the TT database is then Rolling Eyes or you need to update your copy of our database a bit more often. Shocked
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I update my copy of the database on a weekly basis. Must be an old/odd camera file in the folder somewhere that I missed in the last clear-out. Happens to everyone at some point or other.
bomasspot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, bit late, but yes, both GATSO 2783 (towards M25) and GATSO 784 (Towards London) are now missing in action (drove past there in both directions to double check, how's that for dedicated, Laughing Out Loud). However, for some odd reason they still show up in TT - are they still on the "provisional" listings, perchance? If so, I think they can safely be removed!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: