Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Route editing bug in V1.3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Route editing bug in V1.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Route editing bug in V1.3 Reply with quote

While on a walk yesterday, I needed to edit a route on-the-fly.

I was part-way through following a route, and so I went into Route Menu...Edit...Edit Route Map. The Delete Waypoint (Ox) button functioned correctly, allowing me to delete the waypoints I had not yet reached, but when I tried to add new waypoints using the Add Waypoint (O+) button, the unit steadfastly refused to add any new waypoints to the route.

I thought this might reasonably be because the route was active, so I selected "No Route Active" from the Routes Menu and tried again. Still no joy. In the end, I had to create a new route starting from my current location, which is a workaround, but not very satisfactory as I could no longer see the profile of the entire walk.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
manora
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not in the progress of a walk but I have edited and added waypoints to a route with no problem in 1.3.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet up to speed on this unit yet, but can you extend a stored route, ie add points after the end-point of it, as distinct from adding waypoints within it? If lucevans had deleted all points to the end of the route this might be what they ended up with.
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Doh! Problem solved...it was a closed route, and I forgot to re-open it by clicking on the start/end waypoint before trying to delete the latter waypoints and add new ones.
It's been a while since I edited an existing route on my A10, so it goes to show: practice before you need to use it!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: