Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap: Firmware 1.300 Now Available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap: Firmware 1.300 Now Available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-K wrote:
When I try and view the 'Version History' link next to the download link I get a page that continues like this (it has a question mark in a diamond every other character.)

Quote:
�!�D�O�C�T�Y�P�E� �h�t�m�l� �P�U�B�L�I�C� �"�-�/�/�W�3�C�/�/�D�T�D� �X�H�T�M�L�

Is it only me getting this? Ta.

Seems to have been fixed. Another sign that they do read the forum, or did someone tell.
J-K
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's fine now. Thanks to those who checked.
ed_crouch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all good here. I too had the dodgy sunset and sunruse times, but if the unit doesnt know what the date is, then it'll have to listen to some satellites in before it knows the time: after a couple of minutes and with a couple of yellow bars on the screen (indoors!), suddenly the sunset times snaped in to what they should be.

Hopefully the freeze issue is gone, too.

Thankyou, Satmap.

Ed.
em194543
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if the 5K straight line blip has been fixed now? i used to get it with 1.2, and as yet have not seen it with 1.3 so am assuming it's been fixed?

Cheers
Mark
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the email that I got from satmap it said that

Trip Log Screen: the 'Stop' button now stops all data recording until re-started.

Has anyone tested this and know what they mean, or what benefits that gives us? I'm assuming it means that whilst recording a route you can stop recording. perhaps explore a path, then go back to the place that you pressed stop and press start and it will carry on recording from there. i.e. ignoring where you have been in the interim. If this is the case it will very useful
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibbo10 wrote:

Trip Log Screen: the 'Stop' button now stops all data recording until re-started.

Has anyone tested this and know what they mean, or what benefits that gives us? I'm assuming it means that whilst recording a route you can stop recording. perhaps explore a path, then go back to the place that you pressed stop and press start and it will carry on recording from there. i.e. ignoring where you have been in the interim. If this is the case it will very useful

Answered my own question as went out and tested, it is as I thought which is great.
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I like almost everything about the upgrade except one thing...

When you set goto point you now get a goto route in the form of a straight line to the flag. I can see this being useful in some cases but not all and I wish there was a way to choose whether you want this as a default setting or just show the flag. You can turn the straight line off but you have to go back throught the routes menu and select no active routes.

The other thing is that you can't show the green goto flag and a route at the same time. I used to put put in a goto point and then draw a route to it. Really disappointed with this change.
ESBARK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Loss Of Bread Crumb Trail ? Reply with quote

I just tried my upgraded satmap and I have lost the ability to lay down a breadcrumb trail. Pressing the appropriate button gives me three options "Turn trail off" "Turn trail small" "Turn trail on" The trail remains off no matter what. I am sure that the wording on that button is different to version 1.2 so it appears that that has been worked on. But the lack of trail markers is a serious loss to me.

Has anyone else got this?
Rogerfrit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESBARK

What you have to do is turn the trail ON in the Trip Log screen (press Start), and then the joystick gives you quick access to temporarily turn it Off and On or alter the Breadcrumb size.
HTH
Roger
ESBARK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rogerfrit.

When I go to the trip log screen as you suggest and press start the start button changes to "stop" as expected , the opposite button shows "reset" moving the joystick only brings up the other pages , "gps status" then "planning" , one of the screens has the right hand button offering the three options I mentioned earlier which change description as i press the button but the crumb trail never appears ?
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problems with the breadcrumb trail and obviously it's not a general problem or it would already be reported. As this upgrade does not seem to change previous settings can I suggest you reset everything to default, then make sure you have turned the trail on and try again(watch out for that slightly confusing labeling).
rickwiggans
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long walk home.............! With 1.2 I experienced REVERSE ROUTE not working properly. Discussed with Satmap - known issue, to be corrected in 1.3. Went out today to check. My 2 mile route reversed OK - but distance to end was reported as 228,448 miles! Have reported to Satmap,

Rick
ESBARK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have reset everything as suggested by Jonesbach and the trail is back. Dont know why but it is.

So I can now comment that I think this release has put to bed most of the niggles which have been expressed on this forum.

Thank you SATMAP ( If you are reading this )
notmyname
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: trip log screen Reply with quote

Gibbo10 wrote:

This will be very usefull, not being a serious walker (6 or 7 miles and pub lunch type), we often stop in the pub half way round a walk. One time I left satmap running and it added quite a distance.
When put onto Quo there was a mass of points. From then on I have been switching satmap off going into the pub and on again when we restarted the walk.
Will try it out later this week
regards Alan
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have discovered an annoying feature of the new update.

Each time I switch it on, it makes "MyTrack9" the active route. If I select "no active route" and power off, It reverts to the last track recoded on switch on.

I did a complete reset after upgrade.

Before I log it with Satmap, is anyone else getting this?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: