Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Updated my Nuvi 255WT to 2009 maps but just noticed only UK
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Updated my Nuvi 255WT to 2009 maps but just noticed only UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnWB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Updated my Nuvi 255WT to 2009 maps but just noticed only UK Reply with quote

I updated my new 255WT to the free 2009 maps when I bought it a couple of weeks ago. I tried to plot a route to Europe today but could not find anywhere in Europe. I checked the map version & it says 2009 (1) Uk & Ireland. Is there a way I can reinstall the maps again but do the full Europe this time. I have the unlock code & the 2009 maps I downloaded but I cannot see a way to start the update so I can put in my unlock code.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you any other maps mentioned when you check versions - ie the original Euro map? If this has the box unchecked, select (check) it.

If you've only got UK/Ire left on your 255 now, then I suggest you contact Garmin to see if they can help. I wonder if you unlocked the wrong area from the website.
JohnWB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Have you any other maps mentioned when you check versions - ie the original Euro map? If this has the box unchecked, select (check) it.

If you've only got UK/Ire left on your 255 now, then I suggest you contact Garmin to see if they can help. I wonder if you unlocked the wrong area from the website.

No it has the Europe Map with a tick beside it, then below it has Uk & Ireland.
I have sent an email to Garmin & I suppose after the holidays they will reply. They have always been very good when ever Ihave contacted them before
BrynH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John
The same thing happened to me with my new Nuvi 250W.
It came with most of Europe included in the mapping but, having updated with the (only) 2009 maps offered, It now only has UK / Ireland.
I've emailed Garmin too, to ask how I can get the free update that I should have - we'll see what they say.
Anybody know what they're like responding to queries?

Bryn
JohnWB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: I checked & the update I was trying to start was in the folder full of the extracted files. I searched around and found the origional exe file I had downloaded from Garmin. When I double clicked on that the installer started up again so I put in the unlock code. This time when the program ran, I checked every stage of the install and found the point where you can pick the area you want to install. I then chose the European Maps & they ware installed with no problems.
One happy bunny
BrynH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnWB wrote:
UPDATE: I checked & the update I was trying to start was in the folder full of the extracted files. I searched around and found the origional exe file I had downloaded from Garmin. When I double clicked on that the installer started up again so I put in the unlock code. This time when the program ran, I checked every stage of the install and found the point where you can pick the area you want to install. I then chose the European Maps & they ware installed with no problems.
One happy bunny

Me too!
I was having a look to see what the map updating process had left on my PC and discovered the 'mapinstall' program. After backing up the whole contents of my sat nav 'just in case', I ran that and found that it let me choose the maps to copy from the PC onto the sat nav. Like John, I now have all European maps again - (and like him, I'm now happy!)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: