Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Best way to report/confirm USA Red Light cameras?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Best way to report/confirm USA Red Light cameras?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HDRW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Best way to report/confirm USA Red Light cameras? Reply with quote

I'm currently in New York, and I'd like to upload reports/confirmations of the red light cameras around here.

My Garmin SP III is back at home, my girlfriend's TomTom ONE (US edition) is here, but she won't let me load anything onto it (attempts to update the firmware when it was new resulted in bricking it and having to return it for replacement, so she's "once bitten, twice shy"!). I also think I'd be breaking my membership conditions by putting the database on her TomTom...

So, what's the best (easiest/most efficient) way I can:
a) Find out what's already known around here
b) Log and upload positions of cameras?

Cheers,

Howard, Queens, NY
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the submissions page, select USA then zoom in to the New York area you are interested in the cameras will be shown on the map, you could manually enter the coordinates into the device for each camera but it will take you ages as there are quite a few. The USA Red-light download contains around 2000 entries - only some of these will be in New York, but there are sufficient to make a manual entry on the device too larger task.

Short of installing the database to her device or going and purchasing a new TomTom One whilst in the USA I don't see as you can do much other than drive carefully - Mike
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be perfectly honest i'd just recommend just adding every camera you see and submitting it. even if we already have a camera in the database you could be correcting it, adding heading data etc etc. i'd rather have more data to process than possible missing or incorrect data.

darren will be able to confirm about installing the database onto her device but i would hazard a guess at no as the terms do state it is for devices in your household.

there's a post somewhere by Andy_P that goes through the various ways you can save new camera locations for submission to PGPSW.

MaFt
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

there's a post somewhere by Andy_P that goes through the various ways you can save new camera locations for submission to PGPSW.

THIS ONE?

HDRW wrote:
I also think I'd be breaking my membership conditions by putting the database on her TomTom...

You are allowed to put the database on upto three devices belonging to people living in the same household.
That's a great reason for getting her to move in with you! Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: