Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Useing a USB flash drive to expand TOMTOM to 4gb movie viewe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Useing a USB flash drive to expand TOMTOM to 4gb movie viewe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackdark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Useing a USB flash drive to expand TOMTOM to 4gb movie viewe Reply with quote

Has anyone attempted to use the USB plug from a TOM TOM 1 v.3 to a 4gb flash drive as an external hard drive to watch movies ??
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't work as one of the devices has to be a USB Host controller, your idea couples two USB slave devices together so they would do nothing, if your TT One will accept an SD card put a 4GB SD (NOT the SDHC type) in it - Mike
garcor
Regular Visitor

Location: Nova Scotia & Florida in Winter Go 920 App 8.351 Maps NA 850 & C/W EU 830

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
It won't work as one of the devices has to be a USB Host controller, your idea couples two USB slave devices together so they would do nothing, if your TT One will accept an SD card put a 4GB SD (NOT the SDHC type) in it - Mike

Mike
You say Not SDHC Card . Is this not a good card for this applacation or are you suggesting not to us SDHC card in TomTOM at all ?

Gary
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDHC type cards are fine for the Go-x20, Go-x30 and Go-x40 devices, I use 8GB cards in my units, but they are no use with a TomTom One, the TomTom One will only support the true SD style cards. It is/ was possible to purchase 4GB true SD type cards, but these are becoming very difficult to find these dyas - Mike
garcor
Regular Visitor

Location: Nova Scotia & Florida in Winter Go 920 App 8.351 Maps NA 850 & C/W EU 830

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
SDHC type cards are fine for the Go-x20, Go-x30 and Go-x40 devices, I use 8GB cards in my units, but they are no use with a TomTom One, the TomTom One will only support the true SD style cards. It is/ was possible to purchase 4GB true SD type cards, but these are becoming very difficult to find these dyas - Mike

Thanks Mike fo the clarification.
Gary
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many movies are you wanting- I have about 15 full length features on my 2Gig SD card for a PDA? Ok, the quality is set for my 4 year old who has already seen them all 100 times, but you should be able to get half a dozen with acceptable (for a small screen) quality onto 2Gig.

I found that it took me a while to find a good format converter, most that are out there are pretty poor.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: