Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I hate Tomtom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I hate Tomtom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALL41_Eggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was from TomTom customer support. I'm UK based and contacted the UK support people.

================================================
Tomtom Navigator 7 will be released in the UK soon. However, we do not have an estimate date to provide. Once the compatibility list has been released, then you can check if your device is compatible. If yes, you have the option of purchasing the software and maps for this version. It is possible that some PDAs will come with pre-installed Navigator 7 and the software alone be available to be purchased from our website. However, we do not have this information yet at the moment and could not confirm this to customers.
================================================
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL41_Eggy wrote:
To cut a long story short TT7 will be officially released for Pocket PC's and a compatibility list will be published as soon as they have finished testing. I was not given any timescales for this but promised it will be soon (which could be anything I guess)

I have seen similar quotes on other web sites in the last 4 weeks or so, and lets face it this wouldn't be the first time something is officially denied, only for an about turn to be announced a few weeks later. One that I read even mentioned the setting up of a new Customer Support cell to handle the roll out - read in to that speculation what you want.

Only this morning a post on this forum mentioned that Beta testing of the TTN7 application had been terminated, which you can read either way, perhaps its scrapped or (more likely) about to be released, I have no knowledge of this other than what I read earlier today.

Perhaps this could be something pursued at the USA Expo next week? although I wouldn't be too sure you would get an accurate answer if you choose to ask the questions Darren, possibly better left until the European shows start in a couple of months time.

It does seem strange that this software is restricted to a single device when the device list contained within some of the files in TTN7 include such hardware as the HTC Advantage and Artemis as well as a number of HP and Dell products, although it is fair to say the majority of units listed are of the HTC origin, some are considerably older than the HTC Diamond that O2 Germany ship with the software - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will of course ask though I doubt we'll get an honest answer! However we are meeting with senior management so I'll do my best with the thumbscrews!
ALL41_Eggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, the message I posted came to me directly from TomTom as a reply to me asking them if TT7 was to be released as an upgrade (i.e. software only) as I had heard it was only going to be available pre-installed on some PDA's. It's not a quote I found on a web site or anything like that.

That said, it could be the lady who answered had also been misinformed for her superiors.

Let's hope she's right! As much as people knock TomTom, I've been using Navigaotr on PDA's since version 2 and I just feel at home with it.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hard to believe that TomTom CS have been cleared to confirm TTN7 Upgrades will be available when product managers have only very recently stated TTN7 will only ever be offered pre-installed in future but nothing would surprise me!

I'm not doubting what you have been told, just the accuracy of the info btw!
ALL41_Eggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get your thumbscrews oiled up! ;-)
ALL41_Eggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: 6 months later Reply with quote

So 6 months later they sneak it out and don't even email me ! LMAO !

Just by chance I looked at their website and there it was TTN7 for windows mobile, at last !
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your phone is compatible before purchasing it as it will only load to specific devices - Mike
ALL41_Eggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I had already checked, it will run on my XDA Orbit 2, but nexty month I'll be getting the HTC Touch Pro 2 and it's not currently suopported on that, not sure why, maybe it's the screen resolution is too high?

Thanks for the advice though.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about it...my phone's not supported either, but it works just fine.
ALL41_Eggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi frequent, what phone are you running it on?

I would expect it run on all standard WM6.1 devices (vga or qvga) but I was not sure about running it on a device with an 800 x 480 display.

Still I suppose I could always test it with a 'trial' copy before I fork out for it.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL41_Eggy wrote:
Hi frequent, what phone are you running it on?

I would expect it run on all standard WM6.1 devices (vga or qvga) but I was not sure about running it on a device with an 800 x 480 display.

Still I suppose I could always test it with a 'trial' copy before I fork out for it.

HTC Touch HD

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: