Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Adam Blair
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Adam Blair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
banjo12
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Adam Blair Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I thought that I would give you a warning about Adam Blair and his companies.

I put a deposit of £10 on the 24th of December for one of 300 Gemini ProPark units, on the 13th of January 2009 I received an email saying that they were now available and would I pay the balance of £157 which I emediately did making a total of £167.

Now since then I have heard nothing I have rung them on Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thursday this week and have been fobbed off each time and have been told by their "customer services" that they will not give me any other telephone number or email address to contact someone else about non delivery of this item, on the last occasion I was basically told to go away and wait.

Would anyone have a telephone number or email address for this person as I think I have been done up like a kipper.

Thank you.
banjo12
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone done business with Adam Blair ?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen enough of his marketing 'style' to know not to! His BTST Speed Cam device made some frankly laughable claims and his weekly marketing emails continue to give us all a good laugh.

Frankly the ProPark is treading on very thin ice and could earn some unlucky purchaser a prosecution for perverting the course of justice. His emails are quite clearly selling this as a laser jammer.

Were it me and assuming you paid by CC I would be contacting your bank and asking them to reverse the transaction.

Last edited by Darren on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not hit the search button and enter "Blair" you will get a few returns such as This One - check out the others and I am sure you will soon see you are not alone - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A recent email from him quoted the old hoax story about a Scottish Traffic Officer getting a speed reading on a Harrier and finding out later that his radar caused the Harrier to 'Lock On' leaving him seconds from being on the receiving end of a missile!

Mr Blair told the story not only as being true (it isn't) but as having happened recently. The fact that the hoax story has being going for some years and has been told as occurring in countries world-wide appears to have escaped him!

Doubtless you will find in the end that the delay in sending your order was because he was 'overwhelmed' by demand and had to take on 20 extra staff to service all the orders Laughing

Take a look at the Gemini page here. Funny that the images of the SCP van are supposedly from a Talex owner when in fact they are from the www.speedcam.co.uk website Confused Says it all really.
banjo12
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your help, again, it's my own fault, I have contacted my Credit Card company and they said I would have to write to them of 14 pages of A4 and then they will try and get my money back, I just had a little chuckle I think I am hysterical as I had to take my wife to A & E today and that took about 5 hours, oh well that's life.

The good news is I have found some nice people on this forum Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: