Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Specs cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Specs cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackthou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Specs cameras Reply with quote

Hi, sorry if this has been covered before but I've had a quick look around and can't find anything. I've got an iCN 520 and update it regularly from this site. It will display specs icons but doesn't warn when approaching. I've checked the appropriate distance and alert when saving to device but it doesn't make a sound. Have the same problem with red light cameras but I think they used to alert. I download speed zone type.

PS. I've just checked on my Navman and it doen't how the specs or redlight POIs as active. If I check the appropriate boxes and press save it appears to save but when I look again they are still not active. Is there a limit to the amount of active things you can have?
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs cameras Reply with quote

Blackthou wrote:
Is there a limit to the amount of active things you can have?

Yes there is. I think it was 16 (or 14?) alert types for older software versions and 25 for later ones, not sure any more. How many do you have?

Connect your iCN520 to PC and use Windows Explorer (not Navman Desktop) to check contents of Navman\MyPOI directory on the device. Do all your alert types have their INI files? Copy INI files on your PC, open them in text editor and check their content -- are settings correct?
Blackthou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Specs Reply with quote

Dear TheM,
Thanks for your reply. I've done a bit more research since I posted and read that you should be able to have 25 custom POIs. I can get 25 on my 520 but only 15 will be active. I can edit the POI on the 520 check all boxes as active and press "save" but it won't activate them. When I'm driving the icon for the POI is on screen but I get no visual alert. I'm not quite sure what you mean about having thier INI files but if I include the ones that don't work in my first 15, then they do work. I'm sure it never used to be a problem. My backups don't save either. It goes through the motions but if you try and restore a backed up file, there's nothing there. I never had any problems running XP but now run Vista but it did work fine for about a year with Vista.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: