Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Where to send a Garmin for repair
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to send a Garmin for repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jelster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Where to send a Garmin for repair Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

My 765 has a major fault and I need to get it back to Garmin UK, but I can't find an address on the website to ship it back to.

I need to get it sorted fairly quickly so any help would be appreciated.

Steve
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garmin CS:

(Please ensure you have your Garmin device with you when calling Product Support.)

Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 17:30 PM Western European Time (GMT/UTC)
Phone (freephone from UK landline): 0808 238 0000
Phone (within UK): 0870 850 1242

Postal Address:

Garmin (Europe) Ltd
Liberty House
Hounsdown Business Park
Southampton, Hampshire
SO40 9LR

Tel: + 44(0)23 8052 4000 - (please note this number is not for technical support)
Jelster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wazza, Thanks for that.

They told me that they will just replace the whole unit and charge me just £88.00.

Wonderful !

Cheers,
Steve
gerrydurkan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Garmin Repair Reply with quote

Hope you dont expect a quick turnaround,I sent 1490t to Garmin for warranty repair ,they have had it for two weeks and told me today it may be another two weeks before I get it back.People complain about TOMTOM ,it seems Garmin are just as bad if not worse.
Fiddyshilling
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having an absolute nightmare with getting my Nuvi 255WT repaired by Garmin recently.

In August it suddenly switched itself off when I was driving to work. I eventually got it to switch back on but in the next few days I discovered that the traffic avoidance system had stopped working. I notified Garmin who gave me a return ID number and I sent the sat nav & traffic receiver for repair.

About three weeks later I got a card in the post telling me City Link had been with a package. Great, I thought - so I headed off to my local depot to collect it. When I opened up the package and read the accompanying service record I discovered that they'd basically wiped it and reinstalled the current firmware etc.

Thing is - it's still not working, so I got in contact with Garmin customer service again to report it. Eventually they wound up asking me to return it to them again, but I told them that I wasn't satisfied with that as it should have been repaired the first time and I didn't believe there was much point trying that again.

A couple of days ago Garmin asked for my address because they are sending me an alternative traffic receiver. A GTM 35 receiver which won't work with my sat nav Rolling Eyes

I have asked them for a new replacement sat nav instead (whether that's a bit cheeky I don't know but I did find the traffic avoidance very useful and it should work)
gerrydurkan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Garmin Repair Reply with quote

An update to last post,today I received a replacement unit ,which is a refurb and first registered in november 2009 ,mine was new in july 2010.Garmin web site says new maps are available but I have to pay. Can they do this Question
Jelster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I sent it back by RMSD on the 12th, The Post Office say it was delivered at 08:15 on the 13th, but Garmin cannot confirm receipt of the unit... Rolling Eyes

I can't reach anybody at RM, I just go round in circles on their telephone system.... Garmin have said that it is possible that they may have received it, but haven't logged it in yet..... Obviously they are over run with returns !! Stop it!

Steve
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the tracking info got a recorded signature yet, Jelster? (Might be the weekend before it appears)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: