Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - refresh rate
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

refresh rate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of Home do you have installed? See if there is a later version and, if so, install and then see what maps get offered.
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try in order:

1. a paper-clip reset
2. a factory reset
3. format your TT via windows explorer - reinstall your last saved working backup.

This should fix your unit, hopefully via methods 1 and 2! If not, you'll be able to upgrade via HOME but will probably have a hefty fee to get a latest map.

After that, make sure you do a full explorer backup. Rolling Eyes
PGPSWorld Speed Camera Database (naturally)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connect the device to the PC and when TT Home starts up exit the application.
Use Windows Explorer to locate the device (it will have its own drive letter) - click this and you will see many folders and some files - delete the "ttsystem" file from the device and then start the TomTom Home software, use it to update the software to the latest version available - Mike
arpiriki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've reseted the unit with the paper clip but still it wont work. now when i've tried to do the restore towards the end of it it gave me an error so everything was ruined. what i am doing at the moment is to copy all the backup files from the saved file on my computer and i am pasting it to the go drive (hopefully this shoul work) if not i will delete the ttsystem and try to get another one from the home application. will that allow me though to run after that the navcore 8.2 or 8.3? i dont want to go through this all over again! thanx for all of you who replied!
arpiriki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've just putted everything back but now when i switch on it just switches of after the logo screen. i am going to the error check and use the clear flash.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you do your back up through HOME or using Windows explorer?

If it was Explorer and it was a full back up of everything then you need to format the TT from within windows and then copy everything back from your backup.

Andy
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NB: I forgot to mention that initially I did have voice problems - with the Kate computer voice only - oddly.

I tried several of the suggested Loquendo tinkering fixes and early "kate" versions, supplied by members - to no avail. Finally I fixed it via, *shock* TomTom Home - after my unit greyed out Kate and suggested a reinstall from CD or TomTom - I first deleted the "Kate" voice from my unit and from 'My Computer'(via the HOME removal function). I then selected Kate for download/install and - it's been spot on ever since.

You can't beat a TomTom download! Surprised
PGPSWorld Speed Camera Database (naturally)
pbrace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: 8.204 on 720T - Phone connection problems Reply with quote

I have installed 8.204 on my 720T - great performance fats refresh and I now have Voice and Traffic working thanks to the advice in this topic. However, I am having problems connecting to my phone. It finds the phone but when trying to download the phones features comes up with:

Phone disconnected - An error occurred while checking phone features.

Has anyone else got hands free working with 8.204 on the 720?

Any advice on how to overcome this would be appreciated.

Paul
cutslick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I've just tried my 920T with my SE W890i and it works. It's actually the first time I've bothered because normally use my car's in build hands free Bluetooth connection.

Have you set your phone's Bluetooth as 'visible'? I had a problem connecting until I did that.
pbrace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cutslick wrote:
Hi there, I've just tried my 920T with my SE W890i and it works. It's actually the first time I've bothered because normally use my car's in build hands free Bluetooth connection.

Have you set your phone's Bluetooth as 'visible'? I had a problem connecting until I did that.

Yes- it is finding the phone but failing when it goes on to "Checking phone features".
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pbrace wrote:
cutslick wrote:

Yes- it is finding the phone but failing when it goes on to "Checking phone features".

Delete the phone pairing, then do a pin reset and then re-Pair the telephone to the GPS (with both devices unhidden and with BT turned on for both).
pbrace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Phone connecton Reply with quote

Infama wrote:
Delete the phone pairing, then do a pin reset and then re-Pair the telephone to the GPS (with both devices unhidden and with BT turned on for both).

Thanks that did it.

Paul
mickjn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Versions Reply with quote

Can this be loaded on a 720 if so how?

cutslick wrote:
I found exactly the same thing. However if you are willing to dabble a bit (it really doesn't involve much) you could try Navcore v8.203 for the new x40 range http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/navcore_8.203.9717.go940.cab
I'm currently using this with v8.15 maps and v7 Loquendo and my 920T is back to v7 Navcore smoothness. All features seem to work too plus the bonus of a nice new set of icons Very Happy
If you do give it try make sure you back up your current configuration using Windows explorer Wink
cutslick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the sixth post down on the same page for general pointers. But as always only try this if you are comfortable with swapping files from your PC to your device and most importantly always make a back up your current TomTom configuration first using Windows explorer.
There is also a link to the newer 8.204 Navcore somewhere else in the thread.
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: 8.204 on 720T - Phone connection problems Reply with quote

pbrace wrote:
I have installed 8.204 on my 720T - great performance fats refresh and I now have Voice and Traffic working thanks to the advice in this topic.

Paul, you're referring to RDS TMC Traffic, right? Because if you have succeeded in getting GPRS Traffic to work on a 720 running 8.204 I would be very keen on hearing how you did that. The only reason for me not installing 8.204 on my 720 is that GPRS Traffic won't work.

Regards, Ulf

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: