Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - refresh rate
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

refresh rate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Cutslick seems to have found the workaround.

My 920T is happy with the new icons, Kate is singing away, as are the PGPSWorld 'Liz' warnings and the refresh/redraw rate seems much better.

The only downside - the traffic system/fm aerial is now redundant, as, of course, the new x40 series operating system was not made to incorporate the T device. Still, it's not like it was ever really working or accurate. Rolling Eyes I'll wait and see if TomTom offer the LIVE services via a new aerial, as some anticipate.

Well done mate. Smile
PGPSWorld Speed Camera Database (naturally)

Last edited by thetrotter on Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
cutslick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, thanks for your comments but I really can't take the credit for this. Many other more experienced Pocket GPS members had found the the key to this fix Smile
One comment I can make though is that RDS-TMC is running very nicely on my 920T with 8.204. Give it a try it definitely works (well at least on my unit).

Cheers Smile
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Mine isn't.

The only difference I can see is that you're running the later map - not that it should really make any diffeence.

Maybe I installed it differently too - over the top of the navcore 8.3 via winrar. However, unlikely that that should change anything. Any ideas anyone?
cutslick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, my install of 8.203 (and 8.204) was over the top of 8.010. Maybe that will make the difference? Have you a back up of your Navcore 8.010 + 8.10 W&CE map?
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have, but as the RDS-TMC was working with 8.3 it is strange that it has disappeared - but apparently not when the 8.204 updates an earlier version.

I will try a reset first having just updated the postcodes to ver801 via the links on other threads to 'Oldboys' goody store. I'm not looking forward to a lengthy formatting exercise if not needed - but we'll see.

Thanks anyway - I'll report back.
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cutslick wrote:
Hi there, my install of 8.203 (and 8.204) was over the top of 8.010. Maybe that will make the difference? Have you a back up of your Navcore 8.010 + 8.10 W&CE map?

I have 8.203 and RDS traffic working too...any reason to go up to 8.204?
cutslick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell there is very little difference between 8.203 and 8.204. There may have been some small differences to a few of the icons, may be I'm imagining it Very Happy
From an operation point of view, again as far I can tell performance is equal to 8.203. It is certainly no worse and possibly includes a few minor enhancements. Others may be more in the know than me Smile
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do the manual upgrade tonight and let you know.

One thing I missed was the repeat instructions by tapping volume control...at least on the highway on a long strech. Andy said he has no such issue with 8.204.

I am also hoping that by some miracle, I can get FULL voice input (not just addresses) like they have on the 940.

Other than that the 8.203 has been brill for me. I dont miss FM or paid serives, so no skin off my nose there.
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a reset seems to have cured my RDS-TMC issues.

Simple as that - it's buzzing away merrily (though still rarely providing any data, even less so, usefull data.)
cutslick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infama

I was kind of hoping for the full voice input but alas that is not possible with the 920T it seems (the microphone icon is missing in my menu). Voice address input is still there and works though. I agree with you about the general operation of 8.203 (and now 8.204) probably the best Navcore for some while IMHO.

thetrotter

Great a result!
I guess the data and quality does depend on where you are to certain extent. I find around my way that RDS-TMC is actually not too bad (not perfect mind you).
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infama wrote:

I have 8.203 and RDS traffic working too...any reason to go up to 8.204?

v8.204 (9718) - No changes from 8.203 except some 'internal naming conventions' according to TomTom.
arpiriki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: hi- problems with my go910 Reply with quote

hi to all
i dont know what i am doing wrong but i have a go910 with a previous version of 7.900 replaced with the 8.203 downloaded from one of the links posted on this thread. now the problem is that i can't use my tt anymore; what is happening is that the unit is switching on but it will not pass further than the logo image!!! i dont know what to do. i have all the original maps but they are all version 625 or so and they are really OLD now so i dont really want to go back to them. what can i do? any sugestions anyone? should i install first a previous version of navcore? i've downloaded the 815 map but i cant use it! should i patch the ttsystem file? but where can i find the updated patcher version? should i install back everything and try again? should i run a "clear flash" or to check the drive for errors?
if anyone can help me i really appreciate it!!! thanx
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: hi- problems with my go910 Reply with quote

Not really one for this forum with talk of patching ttsystem files to run new maps........
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: hi- problems with my go910 Reply with quote

arpiriki wrote:
hi to all
i dont know what i am doing wrong but i have a go910 with a previous version of 7.900 replaced with the 8.203 downloaded.......
Have you got a backup from prior to installing the software which is not intended for your device? - if so please install that, if you don't have a backup I would copy everything from the 910 in its current state to your PC before we can try getting it working again - as for patching files - this is not something we will offer any support on at all on this web site - Mike
arpiriki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i've got a backup, so i will run that back then. as for patching, i've only asked because the search engine has given me some results in which this was mentioned, so appologise to all of you guys, no disrespect. i've managed though to connect to "home" but when i try to see item on my unit it tells me that an application has been installed and it needs to restart but than nothing happens even if i restart. allthough i've managed to select the update my go and the application that is giving me is the 625 version!!! i dont know what to do...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: