Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigate to POI, only 24 available how do I get more on XL ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigate to POI, only 24 available how do I get more on XL ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil-w
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Navigate to POI, only 24 available how do I get more on XL ? Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for reading this...

I have a TT XL (One XL or what ever TT are calling it this week)
with Western Europe mapping.. (the one without Bluetooth and no SD slot)

I have about 80 pois for customers sites under a poi heading called Customers !!

When I go to navigate to them I do the usual, Nav to, POI, then the only options is normally near you or near home. It doesn't matter which you choose you can only get 24 pois.

Is there any way to scroll through them all, some have obscure names which are hard to remember.

When you do a FIND, it randomly tries to find anything with that letter in not as a first letter so you need to know almost exactly what you saved it as !!!!

Basically I need to be able to scroll through a list of all the POI's in that selection. I'm almost certain that the option was available in earlier versions...

Cheers

Phil
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With firmware 8.3, one can get 48 items listed, not 24. Is your model capable of using that version?

Further, the ability to find a poi by typing just a part of the name is a feature that is most helpful, especially when the full name is NOT remembered or known precisely.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way to increase the number shown in that list, it is fixed at 24 (or 48 in latest software). However the 24 it shows you are always relative to the button you pressed just before (Nearest Home, In city (or town), near you, along route or Near destination) so you can narrow it down that way.
You can also approach the problem from another direction and strat from "Browse map" - tap the screen anywhere on the map and you can use the BLUE CURSOR BUTTON (rather then "Find") to "Find POI nearby".

But the simplest method is to use any of the Near Home, near destination, in city etc. options and THEN use find "Find" which as you've discovered, DOES search the entire list, not just the ones you were being shown.
Phil-w
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for those replies.....

Looks like I will just have to get there in a round about way. I suppose anything like satnav is never perfect for everyone...

Cheers Phil
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a workround... why not split your POI file up into two (or four if you are still on a "24 listed" version).
You could have "North" and "South" or "A-M" and "N-Z" or whatever suited you.

POIEdit can be used to sort the POI data in various ways to create the separated files.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: