Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How many poi can a tomtom 300 take
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How many poi can a tomtom 300 take

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watcher1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: How many poi can a tomtom 300 take Reply with quote

HI IVE DOWNLOADED LOADS OF POI AND THEY ALL INSTALL ONTO THE MEMORY CARD OF MY TOMTOM 300 BUT MOST OF THEM ARENT LISTED. I TAKE THE CARD OUT PUT IT IN MY LAPTOP AND THEY ARE THERE. SO IM A LITTLE CONFUSED IS THE A LIMIT LIKE 50 CATAGORIES OF POI AND THATS YOUR LOT. I PRESUMED IT WAS LIMITLESS. Smile
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What software version is on your Go device, tap the sat strength meter and there will be a version box on the right side of the screen. Different versions could support differing numbers of custom POI files varying from 27 to around 160.

Welcome to the forum, but please turn the caps lock off as its not needed and considered as shouting on the forum - Thanks - Mike
watcher1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the text. its a tomtom go 300 and its version 1.21. so im guessing it wont take many.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where you found that version number, it should be v5 point something or v6 point something.

Tap the signal strength bars and read the version number in the small box on the following screen.

v5 should allow 39 categories (except for v5.202 where it dropped to only 24)

v6 should allow 100 categories

The good news is you can update for free to v7 which should allow about 130 or more. Its 169 on most models, but I haven't seen an exact figure for the Go 300.
watcher1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah yes sorry on closer inspection the gps is v1.21 when i click the signal bar it says v5.000 so i then touch the word v5.000 and it goes through to another screen and it says app5.000 os:723 gps v1.21 boot 3.30 map great britain map b562. thanks for telling me that i can update to v7 how many poi's do you think my tom tom will take and where do i update my tom tom to v7? thanks for all the help Tony
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You update the software using TomTom's "Home utility for the PC or Mac.
The current version of Home is v2.4, but your model is so out of date you need to start off with an older version of Home (v1.6) and update the software as far as you can with that first and then do the same again with Home v2.4.

You can get both versions from the TomTom website HERE

Before you do ANYTHING though, do a full backup of your device using Windows Explorer (or Mac Finder). Instructions are in the FAQs topic at the top of the TomTom section of this forum.

As I said above, once you are running v7 software, you should be able to have around 130-160 POI categories. Each category can contain thousands of actual POI locations.
watcher1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

done and done. thanks for the help guys.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: