Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clowes wrote:
Im running 8.3 on a Go 920t... why would i be losing features using an x40s software?

I'm only aware of one feature that you lose when you install the x40 software onto an x20 and that is GPRS Traffic.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might well lose "jukebox"...
If the software is written to "disallow" jukebox on the x40 models *unless* it sees it is a 940, then it might disallow it on other series models too.
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what-are-the-chances wrote:
Could your battery have been low when this happened to you.

No fully charged just come off the USB/Home
COLINRG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had an email from TomTom advising that a new version of computer voices are to be released in the next few days via TT Home. Won't be holding my breath, but will be interested which ones they release.
sl88
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been suffering the stuttering problems.

Got email from tt support today telling me to download Kate v7, extract it using RAR to my TT 920 Loquendo directory and say yes to copy directories but no to replace files.

Well I did that and it didnt ask me either, it just did it (and I checked RAR settings that say ask when replacing).

Will try it tomorrow to see how she does (navcor 8.3 and 7.15 maps).
sl88
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add that HOME still says Kate is V6.93 ??!!

Anyway tried it this morning and no sign of stuttering.
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe how long it is taking to get a fix from tomtom. I had the same email last week saying to copy but not replace files. I cant see how that will work if you don't replace the voices. I said that when I tried copying both simon & Kate I never had enough space on the hard drive, and wasnt there a simple download fix, for the slow refresh rate as well... The reply was
"As you have had issues with the Loquendo files I thought I would update you as soon as I have further information, the steps listed on Forum sites were not verified by TomTom and we are not going to advise customer to start doing what other users do until we have verified this information. This has been now verified and we are working on providing this via a simple update however I thought you would have appreciated knowing this can be resolved albeit not through easy means."
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That advice from TT has to be wrong doesn't it ?

People have been deleting the current voices files and replacing with V7 Kate. Its the only way to go...leaving any files that may be part of the problem is just not correct.

Stick with what we know....its not as though the solution...on the surface...is a complicated one. All TT have to do is release V7Kate officially on home for all x20 devices

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tempted...as I watch the map install...to leave everything alone, regardless of if it stutters as a pure experiment then when TT relase the fix act as the old guinea pig and see if it fixes an unaltered TomTom with 8.3 & 8.15. I have my Nokia and TT6 as standby anyway

It might not stutter of course....but in any case I'll wait and see...

..and its failed the install saying its run out of space.....incredible....what do I do now ? It wants me to install the map I've downloaded on my computer....for £49.95..are they taking the p**s?

It seemed to install the maps but on reboot says "no maps found"

Hellllllpppppppppppppppppp!

its trying to install again but I'm not confident. How do I delete and restore my backup ? Do I just delete everything on my 720 and copy the backup across ? I'll deal with the failed 8.15 install later but any advice on that appreciated....only had it a day and its already....not so impressed

COLINRG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open explorer and move the USA and WCE maps to your hard drive.
Now there will be room to install the new maps.

I bought an 8Gb card to store the maps on rather than have them on the TT internal drive.
cutslick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topgazza, did you upgrade the navcore to 8.300 before installing 8.15 W&CE? If you didn't and you're still running 8.010 or earlier the new 8.15 map will not be recognised by navcore. Its the old IQ routes thing.
I'm guessing this might be your problem because I have seen exactly the same "no maps found" message with the Navcore 8.010 and 8.15 W&CE combination.
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did upgrade to 8.3 first and the map on my PC is 8.15.

Colin, I have a 720 so no USA maps. I did delete the mp3 demo files and some other minor stuff to give me more space

Now, heres the odd part. I have just tried the install from PC again and it takes me to the £49.95 page and I clicked install to see what would happen. Expecting a "pay now" type message instead to started installing the map....again....but this time it appears to have worked. Maps found...just did a short run, two miles, and everything works OK no stuttering at all. I appreciate that this is "esrly days" so to speak and a longer run will test it.

Why its suddenly working is a mystery to me. I will do another backup though of the current setting.

I did note that my upgrade included Kate v7 and I wonder if TT have already included this "fix" in new LMG or is this normal ?

that didn't last long....TT still working OK but windows now tells me that "USB Device not recognised........device has malfunctioned" tried different USB to mini USB lead..still the same. Then I took a gamble and hit factory reset and it sprung back to life and everything is as it should be.....

sl88
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi topgazza

Can you tell me where those demo mp3 files are ? I have tried looking for them but couldnt find them. Same with the "story books". Many Thanks.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set Windows to show hidden folders and files (Folder Options/View/Advanced in Control Panel).

Think you'll then see them.
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats correct, as dhn said.

The mp3s are in a folder called MP3 and there were 3 or 4 files that came with it...big ones as well...9 meg each....the others are in the audiobooks folder.

I have 151 meg free on my 720 after loading 8.3 and 8.15 and deleting the mp3 and audiobooks folder/files.

Mind you I have no speed cameras or any extra POIs installed...and I probably won't anyway.

Discovered a use for one of the extra features, that I wasn't going to use..FM, BT etc, on the 720....the wife can use her phone hands free in her car now with BT. I already have it installed in my car so its no use to me. So thats a plus.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 26 of 49

Jump to: