Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 8.15 map out today
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

8.15 map out today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My go 520 has 18.4mb free ram running v8.3 navcore and v8.15 UK and ROI maps

iPhone 12
alanji
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloater wrote:
Note alanji. I am going to Cornwall in a few weeks, so checked mine for a blocked A30. Nothing, all ok. Mine was updated with latest corrections, on the 815 map, at about 6pm this evening. Either your submitted correction is already around, or there is something suspicious going on.

I made your coordinates near a laybe or something, maybe a small junction, not far south of Trewint.

Anyway I asked it for a route from Falmouth (where I'm going) and Milton Keynes, and it had no issues with routing the A30 all the way till it joined the M5

Hope this helps.

DennisN wrote:

The coordinates dropped me into a field perhaps 300 yards to the east of A30 and I couldn't find any blockage in the area (wanted to put it right as I never know when I'll be down there next). I don't download or accept any Mapshare corrections at all - maybe alanji takes everything and some nutter has done another of those jokes!

Sorry, do not know what happened to coordinates. Correct is 50.58637 -4.53193
I had not (and still have not) downloaded any mapshare corrections nor yet uploaded my correction!!
Strangely Home says my map has not been updated for more than 20 weeks (and that there are 72674 corrections available). The road was definitely 'blocked' as I was planning a trip to Charmouth on Saturday and TT routed me via the A38. I presumed this was something to do with the new IQ routing and it was only further investigation which revealed the blockage. Although I have corrected it, there are still one way arrows showing on both sides of the dual carriageway and it is at a layby. Previous maps have had problems with laybys on the A30.

Most peculiar.

Go 750 LIVE Europe Map 870.3406
Go 720 W Europe Map 865.3245
One XL W Europe. Map 715.1689
Dell Axim & TT3
Psion 5mx & Routeplanner
1ka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
For those of you having ''fun'' with the MapSettings.cfg file have a read of #15 on the FAQ page near the top of ths forum section index, it was written for a different device with a similar issue and should therefre resolve this problem - Mike

Hi Mike, thanks. It's a solution to copy your old favourites, but that means you now need to remember to add favourites to the POI, otherwise you end up with favourites in both places and the same palaver next time you upgrade a map.

Since copying mapsettings.cfg file to the new map is a recommended TomTom practice then I'd suggest anyone having this problem emails TomTom support.

This problem has irked me so much that I intend to research the format and see if I can create an editor. I notice there a number of 'forensic' pieces of software out there that purport to do this (or at least read it)

Last edited by 1ka on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I already have most of my favourites stored as POIs, but doesn't copying the mapsettings.cfg file avoid having to set up the speed camera warnings as well? or is there another file that will do that please?
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falkirk81 wrote:

I wonder where I'm saving all the memory. I've added POI, a couple of splash screens, full PGPSW camera database & voices but nothing else. Everything works as it should!
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not dependent on what your device is doing at that time?

I have seen 64mb free recently, down to around 12mb.

Cheers

Carl
RobRyan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: LMG Reply with quote

I bought a 920 two days ago and the LMG only offers me the 8.10 maps. Should it be showing 8.15 or is that all i'm entitled to?

Cheers
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What with it being a "Latest Map Guarantee" it should by rights be a 8.15, give 'em a ring and make sure you get your North America map updated as well. The number is 0845 161 0009.

As an aside do you have V8.3 Navcore installed?

Cheers

Carl
RobRyan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i'm running the 8.3 navcore.

So I gave them a ring. What a waste of time - totally useless. First I was told 8.10 was the latest map version. When I told them 8.15 was available to buy from their website, they told me it wasn't compatible with my 920.

It finished up with them telling me 8.10 was the latest map that i'm entitled to. If I want the 8.15 I would have to buy it Rolling Eyes
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am about to do exactly the same thing with my Father in Laws new 920 so will let you know how that pans out, bet something will be different somewhere!!!

What do you reckon? Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil

It is also a serious concern when the people who you are supposed to ask for any Customer Service and help have no idea what is going on.

I have rang TT a few times, and the responses have ranged from wonderfuly helpful to complete tosh where you wonder if they know what a TT even looks like.

To actually not be aware that the latest map has been released!!

Something is definitely not right there!!!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanS100 wrote:
Memory used 397MB
Free space: 91.6MB

IanS100 wrote:
falkirk81 wrote:

I wonder where I'm saving all the memory. I've added POI, a couple of splash screens, full PGPSW camera database & voices but nothing else. Everything works as it should!
You are describing the Storage, Internal Memory, RAM.

The others are looking at the Fast Caching RAM, of which most Devices have 64MB.

To liken it to a PC, the memory you are referring to is the equivalent of the Hard Drive.

The Fast Caching RAM is equivalent to the Memory Modules that you can change in the PC, and is where the CPU does most of it's work.

As an aside to that, the TTs also use part of the Storage Memory as Virtual Memory in much the same way that the PC uses the Hard Drive, which is why it is always recommended to leave some free memory.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
RobRyan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to seeing how you get on!

I've fired off an email to them asking for the 8.15s to be made available to me. Scanned and attached my receipt so theres no excuses.

Hopefully somebody competent will read it Confused
AlandEi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've just checked my 520, updated to the latest Navcore & maps this week:-

Memory used 397MB
Free space: 91.6MB

I don't think I'll run out of space for a while

I think you are confusing memory with drive space Ian... the Go 520 only has 64Mb of memory to start with mate...

My original point was that as Tom Tom add features to the Go X20 and X30 series, such as ALG and intelligent routing ect... we may be getting to the point where the equivelant would be trying to run Windows XP on a Pentium 2 PC with 64Mb of memory... as an OTT comparison of course... Very Happy ...
I don't understand why Tom Tom didn't increase the memory on the X30 series to help with the additional features originally offered with that device when it was introduced, instead of just putting the X20 into a black case.

Alan

Sorry Oldboy... writing as you posted...
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks
I am currently using the map of C&W Europe v8.010 and Navcore 8.300. My map prior to that was v720.

I paid and joined the map update scheme on October 1st and although the ink on the contract is hardly dry I see on this forum that there is now another map, v8.15.

I went onto Tomtom Home today and found that a map was offered me but its for C&W Europe v660. Er! Can someone enlighten me pleas?
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To RobRyan:

I have just started the update process, after updating a couple of times to the latest Navcore 8.3, went to LMG tab on HOME, said I had two new maps available, W & CE and North America and both were at Version 8.15.

The 920 was purchased from Currys this afternoon, hope this helps with your communication to TT.

Cheers

Carl.

P.S. If there is anything else you need, just holler!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15

Jump to: