Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 8.15 map out today
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

8.15 map out today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougWeller
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was offered 815 for my 920 and the new firmware 830. I clearly did this wrong as I downloaded the map only. When it was installed and I went into TomTom, only the North American map showed as available, not my new Western European map I thought I'd downloaded. I assume this is in part because I didn't upgrade the 920, but also probably a memory problem as I only had 229 mb left, except for my 4Gig card I'm not using.

So, what should I do now? Download 830 first? That seems a bit early as I don't like being an early user. But in any case, how do I manage my memory as cleary the 920's own memory won't be enough. What do I put on my card? I only travel in the UK and the USA right now, and mainly in the UK. Should I move the North America map to my card?
Should I wait for 830?
Just one other thing, I'd paid for the one year upgrade deal.
Thanks
Doug
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone still having problems getting the LMG update

on my 540 I constantly get cannot connect to server, internal error.

Is it still down or just me!
jonstatt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashyphotos wrote:
Anyone still having problems getting the LMG update

on my 540 I constantly get cannot connect to server, internal error.

Is it still down or just me!

Not seen that problem. My 940 updated fine, but out of all the funny things Home did...that wasn't an error I saw.

815 maps have definitely reflected changes in my local area (new roads). So that was a nice thing to see. Thank goodness the maps came out before 1 month had passed after introducing the x40 range.
alanji
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to pay £8.95 (plus £35.8 for 12 month upgrade) as my map was one quarter old, which it wasn't but it was the 810.1907 map which is presumably why I had to pay. So, as I have paid on the first day the new map is available let's hope they are not a day late in issuing the latest map in a years time!!!

Not impressed with 8.15 so far. It shows the A30 'blocked' northbound near Bodmin (I have submitted a correction) N50.58811 W4.52676 if you wish to correct yours.

Also I was keen to get IQ routes 24/7. Living in Cornwall means roads can be a nightmare at busy times - yet, IQ routes reckons there is no differnece on the A30 on a Saturday in August to an evening in November!!!!!!! Also tried a route to Carlisle from here - 27 minutes difference between peak weekday and Sunday night - oh really! Can I have a refund?

Go 750 LIVE Europe Map 870.3406
Go 720 W Europe Map 865.3245
One XL W Europe. Map 715.1689
Dell Axim & TT3
Psion 5mx & Routeplanner

Last edited by alanji on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrunchieBite
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:

Your not missing out on anything, the v8xx maps are for the Go range of devices and not applicable to the One range as they cannot use the additional data contained in this range of maps (IQ Routes 1 or 2 and the reality view/ lane assist)

AFAIK the v725 map is the latest release for your device - Mike

I hate to disagree Mike but, this is not the case. I have a TT One 2nd Edition with the 1 year map upgrade and TT Home just offered, downloaded and installed the 8.15 map onto my unit so v725 isn't the latest map for the TT Ones anymore. As to whether the IQ routes work on the TT Ones now....I have no idea!

Now running:
App 7.900 (9180/081021)
United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland v815.2024

Mark
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark you are quite right to question what I put, even the TomTom web site now offers maps at version 815 for the One range, although they would appear to be smaller in size than the same area map for the Go range so perhaps they have made two versions available bringing all the devices on to the same map version number (which is a good thing IMHO)

@ PocketGPS perhaps you might want to call 0845 161 0009 and ask them why your One v4 won't offer the v815 map using LMG - Mike
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: LOST FAVOURITES Reply with quote

Just upgraded my 720 with software version 8.300 and map 815.2003, but I've lost all my favourites, and I had to reset all my speed camera warning preferences. How do I reinstall my favourites? I did a full Windows backup first.

Last edited by psyskiesman on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Know this one!!!

Copy the backed up version of mapsettings.cfg from the backed up map folder (Western Europe etc.) into the new Map folder on your device.

Cheers

Carl
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy the MapSettings.cfg file from your old map folder to the new map folder and boot the unit, your favourites should be restored, if they are blank still have a read of FAQ #15 on This Page - Mike
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: All sorted. Reply with quote

Thanks mikealder, all favourites restored. Great when you know how!
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my map is discounted by 75% and still costs £60 for a years updates, how much does that work out at? Flamin' expensive map!
Doug
DougWeller
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 910 with 815 no map showing up Reply with quote

Flinx wrote:
I've just been offered the 815 map on Home so I allowed it to update. Once installed I noticed that it doesn't show up on the 910 even after a reboot! The folder and files seem to be there but do not work.

I don't have to activate them do I? And if I do, how? For the time being I've renamed the folder and reinstalled the old map (Western & Central Europe) from a backup.

I don't know if it's ok to put this here also, but I've had a similar problem.
I was offered 815 for my 920 and the new firmware 830. I clearly did this wrong as I downloaded the map only. When it was installed and I went into TomTom, only the North American map showed as available, not my new Western European map I thought I'd downloaded. I assume this is in part because I didn't upgrade the 920, but also probably a memory problem as I only had 229 mb left, except for my 4Gig card I'm not using.

So, what should I do now? Download 830 first? That seems a bit early as I don't like being an early user. But in any case, how do I manage my memory as cleary the 920's own memory won't be enough. What do I put on my card? I only travel in the UK and the USA right now, and mainly in the UK. Should I move the North America map to my card?
Should I wait for 830?
Just one other thing, I'd paid for the one year upgrade deal.
Thanks
Doug
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl_the_cobbler wrote:
I Know this one!!!

Copy the backed up version of mapsettings.cfg from the backed up map folder (Western Europe etc.) into the new Map folder on your device.

Cheers

Carl

Lol, beat me to it, the only one I know as well.
krelian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DinAlt wrote:
Just spoke to TomTom 1st line support and they're sending me instructions to reset to get the new map.

Hi Dinalt

as soon as you get them could you post them here as I have the same problem with my 720 purchased only 10 fays go.

thanks
ultimate
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe a really stupid Q so bear with me.

i have a tomtom GO300, am i correct in thinking i could update it si it has lane assist and IQ routes?

currently shows app 7.162
map GB v562.0

if so whats the costs involved

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: