Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 8.15 map out today
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

8.15 map out today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garcor
Regular Visitor

Location: Nova Scotia & Florida in Winter Go 920 App 8.351 Maps NA 850 & C/W EU 830

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: app 8.30 & 8.15 map Reply with quote

When I was talking to support about updating my map to 8.15 she had me remove app.8.30 first and then reinstall it I don't know why she wanted me to do that but I did in fact I moved everything from my unit to a new folder on my PC. I then deleted the app through home/ items on computer.
I then did update my go and down loaded app 8.30 again & installed it then I added both C/W EU & NA 8.30 maps I don't seem to have any stutteerrring problems and as far as IQ routing is concerned I have disabled it for the time being as I am about to take a 3600KL trip that I planed through Tyre /Goggle and saved in my ITN file when I loaded it after installing everything & before disabling IQ routing my unit it took me a totally different rout.

The one thing I have noticed with my voice is it will tell me to make R/L turn in **** meters but with my older app and map it would tell me to turn R/L **** meters and whatever street I was to turn on it now emits the street name.
alanji
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
This past Wednesday, (from Bristol BS11 0YW) I went to ..... Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 4DR.

Tough luck, Dennis. I went there once Happy

Go 750 LIVE Europe Map 870.3406
Go 720 W Europe Map 865.3245
One XL W Europe. Map 715.1689
Dell Axim & TT3
Psion 5mx & Routeplanner
hailstorm
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still getting the message 'This item cannot be installed on your device' when trying to update to the latest maps. I've got the 540 Live.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanji wrote:
DennisN wrote:
This past Wednesday, (from Bristol BS11 0YW) I went to ..... Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 4DR.

You Philistine! Wales is a terrific country (I'm not Welsh), I never tire of the beautiful countryside AND somebody has got himself a free lifetime membership from the mobile camera I verified on the A470!

garcor you need to reset your computer voice Speech Preferences to Read Aloud Street Names - I think the new application comes with its own settings and didn't pick up mine for some things and this was one of them. Even after copying my Mapsettings.cfg it seemed I had to reset quite a few things.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hailstorm wrote:
I'm still getting the message 'This item cannot be installed on your device' when trying to update to the latest maps. I've got the 540 Live.

What version software of the TT software is on your device?

HummerUK
hailstorm
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HummerUK wrote:
hailstorm wrote:

What version software of the TT software is on your device?

HummerUK

I've got app 8.204
jonstatt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gitster wrote:
Quote:
I have a 940 with the current map, and for me at least, it reflects some road changes right where I live....so I am happy.

Ok thanks, so you're not getting any lag or issues then?

Cheers Steve Wink

There was already some lag in built-up areas. THe new maps have not affected it either positively or negatively. I hope they do some "app" tweaks in the future to optimise the handling. Those that are posting about lag have upgraded their app software because they had an older model. Clearly something in the 8.2/8.3 apps needs some tuning!

But lets keep this in proportion, on my 940 at least, going through central London, despite some slight lag, I never missed a turn or went sailing off in the wrong direction. In fact I was very pleasantly surprised to learn a new route that definitely saved me quite a few minutes!
alanji
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
alanji wrote:
DennisN wrote:

You Philistine! Wales is a terrific country (I'm not Welsh), I never tire of the beautiful countryside AND somebody has got himself a free lifetime membership from the mobile camera I verified on the A470!

But I was talking about Merthyr Tydfil in particular not Wales in general (it is almost as beautiful as Scotland - almost). Actually, my real gripe was with the hotel - The Castle. It was absolutely unbelievable - from the waitress trying to claim we had not requested the £15 steak Diane was cooked rare (it was tough as ****) to ketchup encrusted cruets, filthy rooms and the 4 pint plastic bottle of milk on the table at breakfast (and more). The Faulty Tower manager even suggested, on our complaining on departure, that "it looked like we had made a mistake staying there"!!!

Anyway had my first real test of new map & firmware today on a drive to Somerset. Did not notice any jerkiness and the voice commands were fine (Kate and PGPSW warnings).

Dell Axim & TT3
Psion 5mx & Routeplanner
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanji wrote:
The Faulty Tower manager even suggested, on our complaining on departure, that "it looked like we had made a mistake staying there"!!!

I hope you stopped on the way out to rearrange the letters on the signpost then! Laughing
Back on topic....

alanji wrote:
Anyway had my first real test of new map & firmware today on a drive to Somerset. Did not notice any jerkiness and the voice commands were fine (Kate and PGPSW warnings).

There doesn't really seem to be any one thing that can force the device into going wrong, although when you load it up using the mp3 player and Bluetooth connections for the Music, Phone and Remote control things start to show up, throw in a load more POI's for warnings and it really does slow down - I am not suggesting you try this, its more an observation from using my 720 and what tends to cause issues with this software release - Mike
alanji
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
alanji wrote:

There doesn't really seem to be any one thing that can force the device into going wrong, although when you load it up using the mp3 player and Bluetooth connections for the Music, Phone and Remote control things start to show up, throw in a load more POI's for warnings and it really does slow down - I am not suggesting you try this, its more an observation from using my 720 and what tends to cause issues with this software release - Mike

I do not use phone and was not using music but was using remote. And I always minimise POI's as much as possible since reading on hear that it could slow things up.
One thing I have noticed on 8.3 is that POI's show in Navigator view even when "show POI's" is disabled. Or did I simply not notice this in earlier versions?

Dell Axim & TT3
Psion 5mx & Routeplanner
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go back in to the Change Preferences settings and make sure the POI files you don't need showing on the map are actually turned off, there have been reports of this update enabling them all again thus slowing the device down - Mike
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not been out and about long enough to make a judgement yet on the new map download for my 730T.
But I did notice one thing today that is definitely different.
When I was approaching a pmobile 40mph site the little logo that flashes in the top left of my screen was a lot smaller than it was previously on the old map.
I realise that this could well be a setting that may have been defaulted back by my adding the new map and can be changed back to the bigger size logo , but I have had a root through and I cannot find out how to do it.
Any suggestions as to what is going on / what I am doing wrong.
Thanks in advance for any advice given !
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith - This is quite normal, even with the x2 icon pack installed when using the speed camera database from this site the icon is reduced slightly in size - Mike
garcor
Regular Visitor

Location: Nova Scotia & Florida in Winter Go 920 App 8.351 Maps NA 850 & C/W EU 830

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
alanji wrote:
DennisN wrote:

garcor you need to reset your computer voice Speech Preferences to Read Aloud Street Names - I think the new application comes with its own settings and didn't pick up mine for some things and this was one of them. Even after copying my Mapsettings.cfg it seemed I had to reset quite a few things.

Thanks Dennis
I was talking to Support about this today and I come to realize that I didn't have any computer voices Instaled after update so I downloaded a couple and ajusted the settings and went out and gave it a try and like many on here has said including you I started getting the dreeded stu---dd---er--ing I turned of the the name streest for now and that stoped the studdering.

I am wondering if there are some things that one could get rid of that would free up more RAM and if that would help ??? I have about 14 mb free ram now out of the 64mb it comes with on the 920
playswell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanji wrote:
DennisN wrote:
alanji wrote:
DennisN wrote:

But I was talking about Merthyr Tydfil in particular not Wales in general (it is almost as beautiful as Scotland - almost). Actually, my real gripe was with the hotel - The Castle. It was absolutely unbelievable - from the waitress trying to claim we had not requested the £15 steak Diane was cooked rare (it was tough as ****) to ketchup encrusted cruets, filthy rooms and the 4 pint plastic bottle of milk on the table at breakfast (and more). The Faulty Tower manager even suggested, on our complaining on departure, that "it looked like we had made a mistake staying there"!!!

SAD u obviously havent been to Northern Ireland if you find M.T. in anyway looking good!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: