Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 3.01 - do not use with iPAQ 2210!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 3.01 - do not use with iPAQ 2210!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean TomTom GPS 3.03? This will not affect my installation of Navigator (3.01), will it?

Is it OK to use Navigator 3.01 with GPS 3.03? Has this combination helped a lot people with the Bluetooth connection problem on the iPAQ 2210?

Cheers!
Rmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just purchased TT navigator V 3.03 and TT BT GPS - have had the system for a week and I am experiencing all the problems mentiond above - BT drop outs and lockups - in fact it locked so badly I could not switch off - had to soft reset - have mailed TT so waiting for response!!! The GPS indicates BT connection but no GPS updates or sats appear - can restore by going to GPS Status\GPS unticking box the re ticking to get comms on BT Serial Port 8 - this restores every time???
Cheers
Ralph Mackenzie
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's any help - I'm using TomTom Navigator 3.01 on my iPAQ 2210 (ROM 1.10) and upgraded to GPS 3.03 (after experiencing lock-ups).

It's now running like a dream. I've been using it for well over a week, approximately three hours a day, haven't had a single lock-up, whereas before it was locking up at least a couple of times a day.

I appreciate it hasn't helped everyone, but Navigator 3.01 and GPS 3.03 seems to have cured the problem for me! I'm just hoping it stays that way!
cliffg
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: IPAQ 2210 with TT3 Reply with quote

I have same problem. "The GPS indicates BT connection but no GPS updates or sats appear - can restore by going to GPS Status\GPS unticking box the re ticking to get comms on BT Serial Port 8 - this restores"

I have tried just loading the TomTom GPS v3.03 and keeping this just this running (not Navigator). I know this is a littel pointless, but it proved the point that the GPS software did not freeze nor the Bluetooth connection drop. When was Navigator 3.03 was loaded the system froze soon afterwards. The freezes seem to occur when there is a direction change.
It therefore seems that there is an interface issue between the GPS data and TomTom3?

Cliff
cliffg
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just been looking at the TomTom site and it says about the version 3.03

"This version improves support for HP iPAQ2210 with a Bluetooth GPS receiver; this fixes reports of intermittent and random failing of the Bluetooth link between the GPS receiver and the HP iPAQ 2210."

HAs anyone else tried this out?
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It DOES NOT stop the GPS dropping out. I still have to disable POIs if I want the system to keep running. If I don't then it keeps dropping the GPS for anything from 5 secs to 2 minutes at a time. Invariably it happens as you come close to a turn and want directions Sad

Mike
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running TTN 3.01 and I upgraded to GPS 3.03. Every 20 minutes or so, TTN flashes up 'GPS position unreliable' for about 1 second (never any longer) and then continues to operate normally. This is usually accompanied by the blue light on the TomTom BT receiver going out for 1 second, and then coming straight back on. It seems random - not necessarily when I'm approaching a junction.

This never causes me any problems, because it never happens for longer than 1 second at a time. In fact, I don't even notice it's happened unless I'm looking at the screen at the time.

My question is - is this the GPS drop-out that people are talking about? Or is it the failure in the Bluetooth link? It doesn't seem to be a Bluetooth problem, because it always carries on as normal. TTN never locks up either, so as far as I'm concerned TTN 3.01 and GPS 3.03 has fixed the problem on my iPAQ 2210 (I did get complete TTN lock-ups before upgrading to GPS 3.03).

Just curious really!

Cheers.
Rmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now completed a 100ml trip with my caravan using TT3 /2210 and BT receiver - Overall I am impressed with accuracy of navigation - got us to our location every time without fail sometimes navigating for 5/6 hrs at a time without malfunction - problems found:

Initial communication with BT receiver gives problems - The GPS indicates BT connection but no GPS updates or sats appear - can restore by going to GPS Status\GPS unticking box the re ticking to get comms on BT Serial Port 8 - this restores every time???

Lock up after calculting route and switching to Nav mode - starts re- calculating and sticks in an infinite loop - have to soft reset and start again

Both the above are annoying but only happen on initial set up - after that the system works very well

Ralph Mackenzie
Rmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: 1000ml trip Reply with quote

I should have said 1000 ml trip - 100 mls isn't too far!! I have also sent this report to Tom Tom support so see if I get a reply??

Ralph Mackenzie
phinea
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: I've fixed it on my iPAQ 2210 Reply with quote

I had this problem and after a lot of hassle seem to have fixed it by upgrading my ROM from http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/download/20498.html
and so far it looks OK. However, the problem with the ppc freezing etc did not materialise in the first weeks after I upgraded so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

John
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thread I'm going to lock and unsticky. This thread has received no new discussion for several months, and refers to TomTom Navigator 3.01, which has long since been superseded. TomTom Navigator 3 is now up to 3.07, and TomTom GPS is also up to version 3.07.

It seems that, for many, the combination of TomTom Navigator 3, an iPAQ h2210, maps on an SD card and a Bluetooth GPS is not stable - change any one element and the system tends to work better. If you have this, or any other issue, feel free to search the forums and if you can't find anything that helps, start a new thread.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: