Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Valueflash
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Valueflash
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x1-immy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Valueflash Reply with quote

Placed order for 256mb Kingston SD memory for my IPAQ on Thursday 2pm, delivery method recorded delivery, received memory in the post next morning Friday at 8.30am! Superb turnaround.
Total cost only £41.90

Thanks to Valueflash and the Royal Mail. Highly recommended. Thumbs Up
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with that service. I have used Value Flash quite a lot to buy Storage Cards and not only has the service been fast and efficient, but also I have not had any problems with any of the cards that I have bought.

[rant]
One thing I will say nothing to do with Value Flash, but with the Royal Mail, for some reason I cannot fathom they have decided that in order to improve the service to customers the second delivery has been dropped. I am not too sure how that improves the service. Our mail used to arrive before 8:30 every day. Now it arrives at about lunchtime (if at all). Seems to me that they forgot to say they were actually dropping the first delivery not the second.

Pity that this is a monopoly and we cannot show our disaproval by using a company that puts customers first!!!
[/rant]
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for all of us that never received mail before 9pm at night, service has improved, not by much, we still see it coming around 5pm with the odd late package.

It does mean mail is delayed from the point of view that if there is too much mail for the dear old postie, they'll take the mail back to the depot when they reach their alloted hours (can't claim overtime now) and the mail will be delivered the following day. Only way to overcome that is to use Special Delivery now if you're waiting for important packages.
x1-immy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im pretty luck in that because the area I stay in, the postie comes out in a van to deliver the mail, and its very rare that I dont get my mail before 8.30am in the morning. On the odd occasion I get woken at 7.30am for a signed delivery! Delays only usually happen if a substitute postie is on.

I guess it depends on where in the country you stay on the quality of your postal service.

Valueflash, no problems so far with the memory card. Its made in japan so doubt i'll have any problems. Branded by Kingston and comes with 5yr guarantee.
Genie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered a 256mb sd card from them. Good price too. Seeing as it's easter hols, I'll probably get it around Wednesday/Thursday. :D
minesapint
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered a kingston 512 cf card on the 20 april 15:00pm
recived nex day 8:15am and only £1.69 + vat for delivery.
superb.
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW just checked at valueflash and the price of 256 CF has dropped again. Dane-elec (Toshiba 10 yr gtee) now £31.71 +1.69 p+p Thats cheaper than the Kingston CF. Is this memory ok??

BTW.
Dave wrote:
It does mean mail is delayed from the point of view that if there is too much mail for the dear old postie, they'll take the mail back to the depot when they reach their alloted hours (can't claim overtime now) and the mail will be delivered the following day.

Surely this is against the law?? Delaying the Queen's mail etc...
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet the Queen never has her mail delayed 8O Wink
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look at the valueflash website (due to this forum thread) and found their prices to be really excellent, as has been said.

Does anyone know however what the quality is like with the following makes of card?.....

Kingston
Dane-Elec
Integral

I already know to avaiod sandisk like the plague, having seen too many negative comments about them on these pages, but I have no idea about the above makes other than kingston do a good job on PC memory

Cheers

Steve
vlak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used in the past a Dane-Elec 256 MB SD card and now a 512 MB one without any problem whatsoever on my iPAQ 2210. Both were purchased from ValueFlash (or ValueMedia... same place).

Good prices and quick service. I was even offered a better (slightly more expensive) USB card reader when the one I'd ordered was out of stock... without charging me the extra.

Great place, well recommended.
AlunS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Valueflash regarding suitability of cards for the Dell Axim X5 and got the reply that the Dane-Elec XS 256 or Integral 512 were rebadged Panasonics which seems to be as good a guarantee as you can get that they'll work reliably not only in the X5 but other handhelds as well.
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vlak wrote:
Both were purchased from ValueFlash (or ValueMedia... same place)

Yes they are the same, but I would check the prices on each site as they differ. You may find the same card shown cheaper on one and dearer on the other Confused
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top marks to Valueflash.
256CF ordered 3.50PM Friday (std delivery), arrived Saturday morning
1st class recorded.

Now that is fast service as I didn't request or pay for 'next day'

Thumbs Up
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to add yet more praise of ValueFlash to this thread.

I sent them one email which got lost for some reason - but resending got a pretty immediate reply from Rob, who understood my requirements precisely.

Having heard that the 512MB Integral SD cards at ValueFlash were Panasonic, Rob confirmed this was the case for their current stock. (Panasonic cards are about the fastest out there, and certainly do not suffer from the Sandisk problems - I recommend them highly).

The total price including Special Delivery came to just over 102 pounds - if I'd gone elsewhere and bought SimpleTech, which are usually Panasonic, I'd have had to pay nearly 50 pounds more.

If, like me, you want a Panasonic made card, I suggest emailing ValueFlash sales before placing your order to see what they can offer. Do not assume that Integral means Panasonic, as this is not necessarily the case, even if you order 512MB Integral SD from ValueFlash.

David
biggy7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh, thought id get my cf card the next day aswell, but not arrived yet Sad
ordered 26 May 2004 12pm, and yet to arrive.

Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: