Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can't get Elevation Profile to work on Ipaq
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't get Elevation Profile to work on Ipaq

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lills
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Can't get Elevation Profile to work on Ipaq Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using Memory Map 2004 which is installed on an IPAQ 5500 and connect to GPS through the Navman 4400 bluetooth.

I cannot view any elevation profiles for any routes or tracks on the ipaq for any 1:50k OS maps, although I can view the data on my laptop. I have tried manually copying the qed elevation file for a map from my laptop to the IPAQ but this hasn't made any difference.

Any ideas anyone?

Ian
gracar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the type of GPS receiver is irrelevant for this exercise. With no GPS fix - I create a route on the desktop and then copy it across so it appears on my iPAQ map. If I touch the route with my stylus a menu appears with a number of options (add waypoint, follow route etc.) one of the options is called "profile". If I select that option the route profile appears at the bottom of the screen.

Where in that process does your setup fail?
lills
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gracar

Thanks for your reply.

Hi,

I've found out today that I can get the elevation data to work for my other
maps on my IPAQ (ie region 2). The problem only seems to be with region 9 - SW Scotland.

Any ideas. Cheers,

Ian
gracar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian,

I can only think of two things...

Firstly - have a look to see whether the elevation profile for Region 9 works on the desktop. If it does then I have no idea why it won't show up on the PPC.

Secondly - has SW Scotland become a flatland?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: No data Reply with quote

I don't get any elevation data except from the GPS tracks and current position and Memory Map Support told me this:

Quote:
Unlike the PC version, elevation data is not available to view when tapping on the screen and viewing the lat/lon at that position. However you should find that when viewing the profile of a route or track the elevation data is present.

In that case why send elevation data to the PDA?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Sussed what they mean Reply with quote

You have to turn the "clapperboard" icon off before it will give you the profile option and this shows the elevation profile read from the elevation data.

I would still like to see it point the elevation data out at the cursor, maybe a fix for a later revision.
lills
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found out the problem is. For some reason when you try to send a visible portion of the map (from region 9) to the pda it only sends the qct file. With any other region it sends both the qct file, and the qed file that contains the elevation data.

If you manually copy the whole qed file for region 9 into the same location as where the map is stored on your pda it will work. But what you need to do is rename the qed file to the same as the qct file that is on your pda.
paulmk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: PDA Elevation Profile Reply with quote

Hi

I have just bought memory map and get a blank elevation profile. when i download a map it is not creating a qed file tried the copy instruction as suggested but still not working. i have been working of the region 9 cd but have now tried region 10 and still no qed file.

Would appreciate to hear if there is a solution to this.

cheers

Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Memory-Map All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: