Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom home RDS-TMC update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom home RDS-TMC update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Tomtom home RDS-TMC update Reply with quote

I have been out of the UK for two months and have just returned and updated my 730. Firstly Tomtom home updated to the latest version, then one of the available updates for my device was a 'RDS-TMC' update.
Does anyone know what improved functionality this update will give to the RDS-TMC?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory if you click on the "more info" link when it is offering you this in Home it explains that it contains the latest list of station frequencies carrying the TMC data.
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I just did the update without reading that, so just wondered after the event what the update was for.
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wazzzzupmate wrote:
Thanks, I just did the update without reading that, so just wondered after the event what the update was for.

The update causes the whole unit to explode once it gets a traffic update !

That will teach you not to read what the update does Laughing
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that someone else had this update, I thought I was going mad.
I received my 720 back from tomtom after being sent for repair for the second time, as the first time they didnt actually repair the problem, but just installed new software, which is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike when the problem was the spring not working on the metal disc that holds it to the mount. So I had to re-install everything from the back-up on my pc, I then connected to tomtom home to update as I had been without it for a month and this RDS TMC update was offered, I downloaded and installed it, but a few hours later I got the dreaded red cross on start up, so I had to format the unit and re-install everything from my back-up on pc again. This time when I connected to tomtom home I was not offered this update, and I was puzzled as to why not. Any way I thought I would ask tomtom via support why I haven't been offered this update the second time after formatting the unit. The first reply that I received stated that I was mistaken, and it was the quick gps fix that I had downloaded as the RDS TMC is a separate item and would not have a download. After I responded to their reply, pointing out I do actually know what the quick gps fix was and I knew that the RDS TMC was a separate plug in device as I have one, they replied that they didn't know what this update was and they had passed my question on to their second level support!!
How useless are tomtom!! They seem to be getting worse.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: