Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Issues with music files on TT730T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues with music files on TT730T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdznKi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Issues with music files on TT730T Reply with quote

Hi All

Can anyone help? I've got a few questions about music files.

1), I've put a few songs onto my tt, they initially played ok, or so I thought. But then when I wanted to play them again it comes up with an error message and tries the next track. The tt waits a few moment and then displays the same error message until it finally finds a track it can play (after having initially played all the tracks).

2), I then decided to remove the music files from the tt throu tt home on the PC and store them on a larger memory card (16gb) I've just bought. Now when I look on the tt itself the music files are still there (new memory card not yet inserted), so again I try to play them but again I get the error messages as above.

3) where can you find your memory card when looking on the tt itself?

4) how are you supposed to remove the music files from your tt, as I said previously, I thought I did, but their still there when you look via the tt.

Thanks for looking, and apologies for my ignorance, I'm new to this - Laughing Out Loud

Adam
newtosatnav
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a TT730 and have lots of files with music, podcasts and audiobooks converted to MP3.

I use windows explorer to put the files onto the TT - look for a file called "mp3".

I can't understand why a file would play initially and then not do, so I would suggest deleting and re-input using Explorer.

I have a 4gb card in the TT and use a card reader to put the files onto it, you must create a file called mp3 (lower case) and then by putting subfolders (eg Podcasts) your TT wil recognise them as playlists.

The TT doesn't differentiate between files on the HD and files on the card so you won't be able to identify which is which.

There are other posts which say that TT can't write to cards bigger than 4gb but I have never tried this so I can't say for certain. My advice is to use Windows explorer and a card reader, then insert the card into the TT.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction to the above advice...
You need to create a FOLDER (not a file) called "mp3" (no quotes) on the SD card.
There will also be a FOLDER called "mp3" (no quotes) on the internal memory of the Go.

You can put your music files (mp3 format only) in either folder - in sub-folders if you wish - and the Go will show them all in a single list, there is no way (or need) to "select" the SD card.

Note the Go uses the "ID tags" within the file format to determine the song/artiste/album names, NOT the name of the file.
You can edit these tags with iTunes or one of several stand-alone utilities for the PC.

As for the error message you are seeing... what does it say? I've not heard of this problem before, so knowing what it tells you might help!
First advice, have you tried a reset with a paperclip in the hole?
newtosatnav
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops - I did mean folder !! Embarassed

Sorry if I confused things further ! Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: