Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Voice Alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Voice Alerts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbanbrook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Radio 2 Children In Need TomTom Voices Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but you can now get Sir Terry Wogan and a few other Radio 2 "celebs" for your Tom Tom:

http://www.charitygoods.com/7.html

I've had them on test for about a year and they're great. Money raised goes to Children In Need.
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I use the Liz W voice file. They don't have pMobile alerts included but there are supplementary files available

Hi Darren,

can you provide a link to just these "supplementary" files please?

I don't want to install them on my TomTom and risk deleting/overwriting the existing Liz warnings - so a how to explanation would be appreciated too.

Many thanks.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Radio 2 Children In Need TomTom Voices Reply with quote

mbanbrook wrote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but you can now get Sir Terry Wogan and a few other Radio 2 "celebs" for your Tom Tom:

http://www.charitygoods.com/7.html

I've had them on test for about a year and they're great. Money raised goes to Children In Need.

We had an email from TomTom's PR about these - see below:

Quote:
Sir Terry Wogan raises his voice for BBC Children in Need

Radio 2 legend and colleagues record voices for TomTom sat navs
to raise funds for BBC children's charity

13 October 2008 - Some of the best-loved radio personalities in the UK are using their famous voices to raise money for the BBC Children in Need Appeal by recording instructions for TomTom satellite navigation devices.

BBC Radio 2 favourites, Sir Terry Wogan, Alan 'Deadly' Dedicoat ('voice of the balls' from the National Lottery show), Sally 'Traffic' Boazman and Welsh traffic reporter, Lynn Bowles, have all generously given their time to record the voices, which are available to download from the Charity Goods web site (www.charitygoods.com) for just £8.00. They can also be purchased on CD for £10.00 inc P&P.

Samples of the voices, and full instructions on how to install them on a TomTom device can be found on the Charity Goods site.

Other items available from the site include the TOGs (Terry's Old Geezers/Gals) Calendar and a range of 'Janet and John' story CDs from the Wake Up To Wogan show. £3 million has been raised so far for Children in Need by the Charity Goods web site and volunteers.

This year's BBC Children in Need takes place on Friday 14 November. Full information is available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/. £37 million was raised in 2007, which will support thousands of disadvantaged children and young people across the UK.

TomTom portable sat nav devices guide drivers on their way with audible, turn-by-turn instructions and 3D maps. Other entertaining voices available for TomTom devices include celebrities such as Kim Cattrall, John Cleese, Mr T, Burt Reynolds and Dennis Hopper, as well as a New York cab driver and a Freudian psycho-analyst (available from the TomTom web site at www.tomtom.com).

For more details or images, please contact:

Jenny Hodge
PR Manager
TomTom

MaFt
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt,

Don't know if this matters as I'm sure everyone knows the link to the Tomtom site but the link that the person from TomTom included doesn't work it looks for tomtom.com). and cannot find it.

Cheers

Carl
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Radio 2 Children In Need TomTom Voices Reply with quote

mbanbrook wrote:

But I assume they are NAVIGATION voices, not speed camera alert voices, so would be more relevant in the TomTom section of the forum?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetrotter wrote:

Hi Darren,

can you provide a link to just these "supplementary" files please?

Same place as all of the voice files:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/speed-camera-and-poi-voice-alerts.php
The supplementary pMobile files are are the bottom of the section for Ray Flanagan’s “Vicki”, “Andy” and “Liz Whitaker”.
There are three versions, depending on whether you want a siren at the front or not.

Quote:
I don't want to install them on my TomTom and risk deleting/overwriting the existing Liz warnings - so a how to explanation would be appreciated too.

The file you download is a zip archive (just like the one you downloaded for the main cameras). Once you have un-zipped it, you just get a bunch of audio files called "pocketgps_uk_pmobile_20.ogg" etc.
You just add these to the named map folder just like the other voice files. As they have different filenames they won't overwrite or affect the existing ones in any way.

As before, once you've added them, you will then need to set them up for the cameras, in the "Warn when near" menu, in just the same way as you did for the main cameras (instructions are at the bottom of the download page, if you need a reminder).

Hope that sets your mind at rest. Smile
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Andy, obliged - my mind (and SatNav) are at ease.

3-points at Spurs on sunday will do nicely as well! Very Happy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetrotter wrote:

3-points at Spurs on sunday will do nicely as well! Very Happy

Not 3 Penalty points, I hope! Very Happy
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more news on Liz re-recording her camera warnings yet.

theripper
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had no reply to my subsequent emails so it doesn't look like it'll happen.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: