Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman N20
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman N20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linebuster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Navman N20 Reply with quote

Help!!!
I am having great difficulty in uploading the speed camera database onto my Navman. I have tried to follow the instructions but to no avail. I have the zip file and have extracted it to a folder but cannot seem to then get the POI to find and upload the files ....HELP please
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are following the instructions HERE, have you done the section highlighted in red in step 4, that says:
Quote:
Note: Newer versions of the software, by default, ask for 'Files of type: CSV Files (*.csv)' You might have to put *.* or *.asc and press 'Open' in the File Name window in order to show the asc files.

I'm not a Navman user myself, but that's just a guess....
linebuster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
If you are following the instructions HERE, have you done the section highlighted in red in step 4, that says:
Quote:
Note: Newer versions of the software, by default, ask for 'Files of type: CSV Files (*.csv)' You might have to put *.* or *.asc and press 'Open' in the File Name window in order to show the asc files.

I'm not a Navman user myself, but that's just a guess....

I have done that but I still cant get the files to appear in the POI editor
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Windows Explorer, can you find the location where the files called things like "POCKETGPS_UK_GATSO.ASC" were extracted to?

Have you then changed the location in the "Look in..." box at the top of the POI Editor page to match?

The instructions give the example "e.g. C:\Temp\POCKETGPS_UK_GATSO.ASC" but that might not be the same place as you have downloaded to.
linebuster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Using Windows Explorer, can you find the location where the files called things like "POCKETGPS_UK_GATSO.ASC" were extracted to?

Have you then changed the location in the "Look in..." box at the top of the POI Editor page to match?

The instructions give the example "e.g. C:\Temp\POCKETGPS_UK_GATSO.ASC" but that might not be the same place as you have downloaded to.

I have changed the look in to where the files are located. I have then put *.* in the file name and then pressed open. The files are then on the screen but when I go back to the POI I cannot get the files in there under latitude,longitude, description etc
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh... If I understand you right, I think this confusion has cropped up once before.

In the picture,

it shows one of the entries highlighted in grey, and I think you can move that highlight about by mouse-clicking, but this is actually irrelevant. All that screen is doing is showing you the contents of the file.

Assuming you gat as far as that screen, can you just select FILE | SAVE TO DEVICE (as it says - note that this will save ALL the entries to the device, not just the single line that is selected!)

Last edited by Andy_P on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
linebuster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linebuster wrote:
Andy_P wrote:

I have changed the look in to where the files are located. I have then put *.* in the file name and then pressed open. The files are then on the screen but when I go back to the POI I cannot get the files in there under latitude,longitude, description etc

Is it possible for you to give me a telephone call or can I call you to try and sort this out.
linebuster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Ahh... If I understand you right, I think this confusion has cropped up once before.

In the picture,

it shows one of the entries highlighted in grey, and I think you can move that highlight about by mouse-clicking, but this is actually irrelevant. All that screen is doing is showing you the contents of the file.

Assuming you gat as far as that screen, can you just select FILE | SAVE TO DEVICE (as it says - note that this will save ALL the entries to the device, not just the single line that is selected!)

I have not got as far as that screen. I have opened the files in the directory where I unzipped the file . I have then about 6 files ending in.asc
The save toi device is grayed out in the POi and I just cannot get the files to be listed as shown in the diagram....Is a tel call out of the question ???
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, you'd probably be better off waiting to see if an actual Navman user pops up with some better advice. I'm only going on what I remember reading on the forums ('cos I spend far too much time on here!).

I've never even downloaded the SmartST Desktop, as I assume it would need to see a Navman hanging off the PC to work.

I'm sure those instructions must have worked for lots of others, so there must be one little step we're missing.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get to the previous step, with this screen?

If it shows the six asc files, are you HIGHLIGHTING one of them with the mouse before clicking "Open"?

You have to do each one separately, the last step in the instructions says "repeat from step 4"

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: