Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 0 mapshare correction in use
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

0 mapshare correction in use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven0161
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: 0 mapshare correction in use Reply with quote

has any one else has problem with mapshare my TT home is stating that I have 0 mapshare map corrections in use ?? Rolling Eyes
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 0 mapshare correction in use Reply with quote

Steven0161 wrote:
has any one else has problem with mapshare my TT home is stating that I have 0 mapshare map corrections in use ?? Rolling Eyes

Yes, I suspect that: 1) You are using Home 2.4 and 2) Buggy coding wiped out your mapshares too! It's happened to many of us ... both sides of the Atlantic.

In truth, I don't know if the mapshares are REALLY wiped out or the counter as such is buggy and just shows 0.

But I'm not receiving mapshare updates for my North America 8.10 map Sad
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting this too.

"0 Mapshare corrections in Use" and none availible (apparently) when I try to update.

My System Details are as my signature below.
United Kingdom & ROI v945.6174
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having the "0 map corrections in use" problem until this morning, I suddenly (well, after fiddling with reinstallation of different Home and TT720 SW releases) had no MapShare indication at all in the TT Home main window - although I am connected to MapShare. Furthermore, the trust level slider in MapShare preferences is stuck on Strict and the Country list is blank. Edit: The trust level slider seem to have come o life again.

And to top up the whole thing I keep getting messages saying "A new application has been installed on your device and you need to restart your device" - which I have done several times without getting rid of the message. Edit: This error message disappeared suddenly without any logical reason

Finally, when I try to select "Operate my GO" I get the message "This function is not yet supported for your TomTom device or operating system". It was working fine before the Home update earlier this week. Edit: I was finally offered to download a patch that made Operate My GO work with Home 2.4

The update of Home has really only caused grief. The funny thing is that it doesn't help rolling back to v2.3. Both Home and the device seem to be messed up after the first update from 2.3 to 2.4.

Anyone else experiencing similiar things?

Edit: OK, so now only the "0 MapShare map corrections in use" persists. Let's hope that TomTom releases a patch for this very soon!

Last edited by uffe73 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
LesMiserable
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be that when the TT servers are down the countrys parts disappear
GPS v1.21 Boot 5.5022
TT Home v 2.7.6.2056
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: 0 mapshare correction in use Reply with quote

dhn wrote:

In truth, I don't know if the mapshares are REALLY wiped out or the counter as such is buggy and just shows 0.

I'm afraid in my case they really ARE wiped out. Evil or Very Mad
POI corrections seem to have survived but one Correction I KNOW I made no longer exists.
So if and when they fix the servers, I assume only the ones "verified by TomTom" are going to re-appear; any that were only reported by me so far will have gone for ever.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: