Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom LMG - Have I "used" mine?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom LMG - Have I "used" mine?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanielBrookes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: TomTom LMG - Have I "used" mine? Reply with quote

Hi,

Quick question:

When I first got my 520 I install home and clicked on the LMG button. HOME automatically downloaded and installed the latest maps right away; I didn't have to move a muscle.

This got me wondering; In the box my device came in I have a few bits of paper, one of these is for the LMG and appears to have what looks like a serial number on it. Originally I thought I'd have to type this in during the LMG process, but never did.

Can anybody confirm if you should have to enter anything sort of code when doing LMG, what the number on the documentation is for and would I ever be able to use this to get another map "for free"?

A bit confused!

Cheers Smile

Dan.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, you've used your free update offer and will not be able to get another, sorry Crying or Very sad
DanielBrookes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Smile I thought as much, just wondered if there had been some "fault" during the product registration of something... Hardly worthy of a post if map updates really are as cheap as others have posted in the new sticky.

None the less, I'd be interested in knowing if the serial number on the LMG pamphlet relates to anything?

Cheers Very Happy
jonnyguitar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently you used to update your map by going to tomtom.com/givemethelatestmaprightnow (or something) and entering the code to do it - but tomtom home now does it automatically from the date that you first used your tomtom and you can keep checking within the first 30 days of use.
I'm assuming after that, it tries to charge you for the map.

When I plugged the 520 I bought yesterday in, home told me that I didn't have the latest map installed - I assume that when V810 is superceded, the message will pop up again

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: