Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom HOME 2.4 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom HOME 2.4 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
I guess us in the UK will have to wait until TT aint busy fixing there cock ups! for the speed fix! When was the last app or home release without a bug to fix? LONG WAIT I GUESS!!!!!!!

Surely, it's affecting our friends in the US too, so it should be a more significant userbase then TT are acknowledging
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize there are many more users of TT's in Europe than the USA but you bet the Americans who use TT's aren't too happy about the rounding error.

And what's with the comment associating the compass appearance with the muting of the voice?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a brief go of the x40 navcore and can confirm that that does NOT have the 29/39/49 bug in it, so it should be fixed with the next navcore update!

iPhone 12
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote
Quote:
The PC version of the emulator also wipes out computer voices selected. Not a Mac thing
Not just the computer voices on my Go 720. Every time I have used "Operate my Go" the device tells me I can't use the voice I've chosen and I have to go through the process of choosing Tim, then Kate for the warnings all over again.

TT Support advised me to use the Clear Flash, then to try the latest version of HOME 2.4 but neither has fixed it. This has been going on since I upgraded from version 2.2 to 2.3 of HOME.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a reason why the emulator loses the voice selected. The reason is hidden deep in a file (forget the name) that stores a default voice every time the session with emulator is finished. The problem is, the default voice ALWAYS reverts to Harold, an Africaans voice(!), I kid you not.

So, you start up your unit, the firmware looks for Harold and doesn't find it and you lose the voice you have selected.

It would take a software developer 2 minutes to clean up the code to store the proper default voice selected. Gives you an idea where TomTom places this bug fix in its priority list.
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
The problem is, the default voice ALWAYS reverts to Harold, an Africaans voice(!), I kid you not.

Tomtom's web site does not offer a Harold voice for download so why would they pick this as a default?
I could understand it if it was the first voice in a list arranged alphabetically, Afrikaans is the first country in tomtom's list but why pick a default voice that is not offered for download?
Can you find any more info on the file affected? It may be possible to patch it for them.
DanielBrookes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question:

I've got a subscription to the new TomTom service and already have the latest map; When a new map is available how will I install it (Which TomTom screens etc?). At the moment I see nothing "new" on the TomTom HOME software to check I have the latest map and of course I don't want to click on any of the usual map buttons incase this requests payment for it. Of course, there is no need to know this information now but I'd quite like to know how updates will be dealt with, before the time comes!

Cheers.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an add-on for Home called something like the "Map Status indicator"
You get it by clicking on Tools/Home extensions.

It installs a small box at the top right of the Home main screen, which should tell you how upto date the main map is and how many MapShare updates you have.
But as with Home in general I wouldn't trust it to tell the truth half of the time.

If you click on "Add Maps Traffic Voices etc." it should show you if a new map is available and give you plenty of chance to back out if you don't want to buy it. With Home v2.4, it should also offer you the new Map Subscription Service at that point.
DanielBrookes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have the Map Subscription Service... So if/when a new map becomes available I'll just need to click on "Add Maps Traffic Voices etc." and instead of offering my maps with price tags, it'll (I assume?) offer me the Great Britain map (The one I'm subscribed with) with a price of £0.00?

Or is there some other method I'll follow to update once they do release a new one?

Cheers.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it's a new service that has yet to release the first update, nobody knows.

We're all as much in the dark as you are, Daniel.
Samsung Galaxy S21
cacheman147
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Map Share servers still down Reply with quote

Any one know when the Map Share servers will be back up or what the problem/situation is? , I received an email from TomTom today:

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support about Map Share™.

We have temporarily disabled Map Share as we are carrying out maintenance on our servers. TomTom will reactivate Map Share when the situation is resolved.

We are working as hard as we can to reactivate Map Share as soon as possible. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Cheers

John
odonoghue
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: mapshare working Reply with quote

hi all I have done an update with tomtom home today abd got 13000 mapshare corrections servers are back up and running by the looks of it
also got updates for tomtom rds-tmc receiver lets hope it makes it more reliable.
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just logged on to Home and been offered GPS fix update and RDS TMC update, but no Mapshare updates. My TMC has been working fine for the past few weks, so I'll hang fire on the update in case it screws things up. Guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer for the Mapshare to become operational.
furryfred
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive just logged into Home and been offered nothing at all - no mapshare and no map option.

Is this map option dependant on the version of TomTom Home (I am using 4.2) or is dependant on the model TomTom that I have (I use a GO700)

(a very very nice, handsome and generous gentleman who is really rather modest, shy and retiring!)

They didn't make many like him - and now they've lost the mould!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I read somewhere on the forums that a TT rep. had said the new subscription service hasn't been rolled-out for all models yet (but I can't find the quote just yet).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 21 of 25

Jump to: