Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hello and some help with GO920T please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello and some help with GO920T please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jason8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Hello and some help with GO920T please Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new to the forum and just need a little help with my GO920T please.

I've just got my 920T and I'm looking to add custom icons for the POI's as this model seems to show only blackic icons (?)
Am i right in saying if I make/obtain icons for 22x22 pixels in 24bit.bmp and put them in my poi subdirectory for my 920 and rename them to suit the poi data file that they will work?
I have .tlv files, .ov files and .bmp in here, is this correct?
If someone could point me in the right direction here I'd appreciate that.

Also..
I'm sure somewhere I could change the distance to warning for saftey cameras?
It seem slike I'm right on top of them before it beeps, can I make this closure distance a little longer?
Any help much appreciated, thank you.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello and some help with GO920T please Reply with quote

jason8 wrote:
I've just got my 920T and I'm looking to add custom icons for the POI's as this model seems to show only blackic icons (?)
Am i right in saying if I make/obtain icons for 22x22 pixels in 24bit.bmp and put them in my poi subdirectory for my 920 and rename them to suit the poi data file that they will work?

Are these POIs the built-in ones? If so then you cannot change the icons for them, only for POIs you have downloaded and installed yourself.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I've no idea why they have DOWN-GRADED the quality of the icons for the built-in POIs. I think they look much worse (and some of the changes in the actual pictures are bad too, IMHO).

As for the camera warnings:
If they are tha superior ones from this site, the distance is set for each individual camera type in the Manage POIs / Warn when near menu.
If they are the default TomTom-supplied cameras, then you set the TIME of the warning rather than the distance, and you do it in the Plus services/Safety cameras menu.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: