Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 930 irritations
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

930 irritations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: 930 irritations Reply with quote

I've been using my new 930 for a week now, and I'm finding a few things very irritating.

1/ Endless pointless directions. "In 200 yards, bear left". When I get there, I find there's just a bend in the road. To have such pointless directions is very distracting. My old 700 never did this. This morning I had "In 200 yards, take the second left". When I got there, I found there was a side turning on the left, followed by a bend in the road to the left. No need for an interjection from Madame Tomtom at all.

2/ I can't seem to get the speed limit for the road I'm on to show. The speed I'm going at shows up OK. My 700 used to show the speed in red, and go Bong when I was going to fast. How do I get the 930 to do this? Thanks.
mpwilson99
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spike,

Yes i know i also find these bear left instructions very irratating, and almost taking the mapping into a nanny state.

Ive noticed that from maps v6. onwards the keep left / right instructions did start to be alomst at every junction and bend, got worse in version 7 and not really seen version 8 to comment.
The nice thing about our tt700 is that they come with version 5, and they didnt have this, only on major splits in the road.

Only 1 good thing to come out of version 7 was the option to switch that annoying tomtom overspeed feature off, and as because the road limits were wrong, such as 40mph on the M5 it was pointless.

Have a look under preferences / safety preferences and you can turn it back on here.

Cheers

MPW
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the 930 that's to blame here but the later map data. It can be a little infuriating but I guess it's there to prepare you for changes in road direction etc. Probably aimed at those eejuts who drive through rail crossings and across junctions because their sat-nav didn't tell them to stop!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: