Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - nuvi 610 no voice. help!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

nuvi 610 no voice. help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kildair
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: nuvi 610 no voice. help! Reply with quote

Hi. My nuvi610 suddenly lost voice directions. I tried resetting it. It only works if the earphones are plugged in. Any advise? Question Exclamation
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are getting sound from the 3.5mm socket then it would suggest:--

1/ the socket is damaged so that it thinks there are headphones in all the time

2/ The speaker is 'broken' - however I would expect some sort of sound unless one of the wires has actually fallen off.

3/ (More remote possibility) Is the sound in your earpiece/headphones good quality? If there is a lot of distortion then the output stage to the 3.5mm / speaker could have failed and the load of the speaker is causing it to fail completely when no headphone inserted.

I believe that the earphone and speaker use the same output (i.e. there aren't any electronics between the earphone output and the speaker. If there are - these could have failed but I would bank on one of the first two listed items above.

Do you use the 3.5mm socket a lot? Simple fatigue of the contacts that switch off the speaker could be to blame here. However I use my 660's 3.5mm socket daily (with two to three insert/remove cycles a day). Its been doing this for the last 18 months and hasn't failed (yet!).
kildair
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never used the ear phone socket. I only tried it as a last attempt to see if it were a software or hardware problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: