Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - traffic updates 255wt
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

traffic updates 255wt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: traffic updates 255wt Reply with quote

brand new 255wt updated straight away online, now telling me i need to update traffic ,nothing on webupdater for it, not used this before so unsure, in the manual it suggests ther is a traffic icon in tools i dont have one and nothing on home screen either any one got an answer
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The traffic icon only appears once the TMC Reciver is plugged in.

Quote:
now telling me i need to update traffic

Where does this appear and what does it say exactly?
martyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got no icon at all and when i plugged in reciever the first time i got the message,updates had allready happened
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get an update from Garmin via WebUpdater for the traffic receiver it is stored on your Nuvi until you next plug the receiver in. When you do you get a message "Updating Traffic Software" (or similar) and it counts up from 1 to 100% as it updates the TMC software. Is this the message you got? If so that's normal. If not what was the exact (or as close as you can remember) wording of the message?

The traffic button appears on the Tools menu. It won't appear unless the TMC is plugged in the the unit and has power. Is the TMC plugged in?
martyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help by the way, it said something like traffic software update req updating, something else might have happened i did not see, will have a look today third garmin and even pdf instructions off thier site are garbage,always have been it comes with additional antenna look on garmin no mention off it.
martyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just seen something about it has to be active for 1 hour to activate traffic ? anyone know if thats true
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
just seen something about it has to be active for 1 hour to activate traffic ? anyone know if thats true

Not true. It has to pick up the TMC signal but this doesn't necessarily take an hour. It could take 5 seconds if the signal is strong enough.

Try this.
1) Download the latest version of WebUpdater and install.
2) Plug in the Nuvi and run WebUpdater. Check to see if there are any updates for your Traffic receiver - usually called at GTMxx or similar. if there are updates tick them to download them.
3) Plug in TMC and switch on Nuvi. Wait for it to get the TMC signal - this may take time but the light on the TMC should tell you whats happening. Once it has picked up the TMC signal you should have a Traffic button under tools.

If you get any messages please note their exact wording and report back.
martyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant believe this paul it was just the antenna extention by the looks of it, raised it up and BINGO! so ive had to use the silly suckers seems to be ok m6 is bad at mo ha ha ha so it says i have solar glass in saab might poss be prob dont know
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i have solar glass in saab might poss be prob

Possibly.

Try different orientations, i find along the bottom of my windscreen best. Others find up the side of the window best.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyd wrote:
cant believe this paul it was just the antenna extention by the looks of it, raised it up and BINGO! so ive had to use the silly suckers seems to be ok m6 is bad at mo ha ha ha so it says i have solar glass in saab might poss be prob dont know

Consider yourself lucky. For many users the piece of string will not pick up sufficient signal to give any traffic info - we have to resort to connections to and external aerial.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: