Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom do us all a favour?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom do us all a favour?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Tomtom do us all a favour? Reply with quote

Tomtom if you read these pages and browse dedicated websites such as these, can I suggest you give out for free, some of your latest units to dedicated users so they can properly BETA test future downloads etc?

I get the distinct impression all Tomtom users are beta testers in some form.
My concerns are that you release downloads and sit back and wait for users to hit these forums with problems and issues that we all witness every time a new software is released by Tomtom.

I am sure a company as big as Tomtom have their own in-house beta testers, but I and many others that use forums such as this, are loosing patience and confidence in your new product software releases. The latest download v8.3 and 8.15 maps are littered with many bugs, school boy errors and poor product and icon design. Not to mention the FM transmitter problems with the 720.

Perhaps your testers are becoming complacent?
Give the beta testing jobs to some real users such as those that are dedicated forum poster and are actually out on the road most days!
As part of the deal they could test the latest products and report back to Tomtom any major issues, concerns etc prior to being released to the general Tomtom community. This would hopefully eradicate many emails to your product support team that must be inundated with emails complaints every time you release new software/maps etc.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on yer! Clap Thumbs Up

I don't want to detract from what you say. But please be aware that there are several very experienced and conscientious Beta testers who are members of this site - NOT me, but people much better at it.

They are bound by Non Disclosure Agreements not to make any smallest mention of it, so you (and I) will sadly never hear any comment from them. However, I wouldn't mind guessing that it's not so much having testers as giving them time to test and listening to what they have to say - that was my experience on the one and only occasion I was a tester for them.

I wish I had your faith in them reading it. Evil or Very Mad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Dennis has said, TomTom run a Beta program but its seems that other departments are dictating the release of models and updates before they are ready to go. More beta testers won't resolve that and the poor economy means the bean counters will have more power than ever before rather then the engineers and designers.
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies guys!

Who ever does the beta testing for Tomtom either do a very poor job or as you state, are not given enough time to report back issues, bugs, errors etc. Doesn't this just defeat the object of a BETA TESTER? if the developers are sending out the software before giving it a real testing!!!

I am also appalled by Tomtom's customers support and current await two or three email complaints all to do with error problems on my 720 since the 8.3 update. ( such as FM transmitter problems, icon problems, map errors and stuttering computer voices such as Kate to name just a few ).

Lossing patience rapidly with Tomtom and will seriously consider holding back on payment for future map / software updates.
TT Home version 2.7.5.2014
iPhone 4S with CameraAlert
Feek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batties wrote:
Who ever does the beta testing for Tomtom either do a very poor job or as you state, are not given enough time to report back issues, bugs, errors etc. Doesn't this just defeat the object of a BETA TESTER? if the developers are sending out the software before giving it a real testing!!!

Or more likely, they do their job, report back and Tomtom either can't be bothered to fix the problems, or can't actually fix them, or just think that they're not major enough to bother with.
hung_143
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friend,
Tomtom map is suck not even close to navtext. Everytime, they come out new application it has a full of bug for us to test. That is real bad.
HP

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: