Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Special Offer: Subscription Price Reduction!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Special Offer: Subscription Price Reduction!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Special Offer: Subscription Price Reduction! Reply with quote

We have reduced the price of Annual Member Subscription from £19 to £16.99 for a trial period. That's more than a 10% reduction making it better value than ever.

That's less than 5p per day for 12 months of unlimited speed camera warning downloads with updates up to 4 times per month. Our package includes both roadside and bridge mobile cameras, alongside fixed, average speed, traffic light and roadwork cameras. All locations are visited and physically checked to ensure exceptional accuracy.

If you're not convinced, a quick look around our community speed camera forums will confirm that our data is widely regarded as the best available. Within this forum you will also find the hundreds of complaints concerning our competitors' offerings.

Updating your database regularly is crucial as it is constantly changing. We receive thousands of notifications of new, removed and altered cameras each month.

And don't forget that we award free lifetime downloads to members for verified new camera sightings.

Click here to subscribe now.

Last edited by RobBrady on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long is the trial period? I ask as I'm not up for renewal for quite a while, but wouldn't want to miss out!
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bedbug,

Sorry but we can't be sure at the moment as it depends on how the trial goes. If you pay the £16.99 now it will add a year to your existing membership though.
redgolfer00
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Lifr Time Memberships Reply with quote

When are you going to get together with TomTom so that I like other members have a chanch of life time memberships
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When are you going to get together with TomTom so that I like other members have a chanch of life time memberships

What does that mean?

Why don't you have a chance at a LifeTime Membership?

ETA: Got it!

Did you not read Darren solution here??
tinribs69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Price reduction on subscription Reply with quote

I have just paid my subscription so can I get a rebate or an extra month or something for being prompt in paying It and by so doing missing out on the reduction? Very Happy Confused Smile
I am a senior citizen on a limited income but really need the car to get about and your site is so good!!!
rikesh123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto tinribs

I just paid £19.00 for my first subscription a week ago. Would I be entitled to a £2.01 refund as an act of kindness?

Wouldn't want to feel gutted that I subscribed 'too early' Laughing Out Loud.

Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's be reasonable here, if you bought something from a shop and later the price was reduced as an offer would you expect them to refund you the difference?

Our offer was brought in to coincide with the VAT reduction. It's an offer and in the way of all offers, if you missed out then whilst we sympathise that is life!
tinribs69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: reduced subscription!! Reply with quote

Actually Darren a shop will refund the difference in the price for an item if you note it and respond within 28 days!other than that they will actually sometimes refund the whole amount but that isn't what the members commenting are asking for! they are just asking for a little 'goodwill' in these especially difficult times.
Thanking you with some anticipation! Smile
By the way
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all at GPS. Merry Xmas
From
Barbara
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do genuinely understand the frustration of just missing out, but if we were to set a precedent and were seen to refund the difference to just one person we would be inundated with requests for refunds.

The requisite work and support that would be required wouldn't encourage us to repeat such an offer in the future Sad

That's the 'problem' with transparent websites such as PocketGPSWorld.com - you're damned if you do and damned if you don't... but we still love you all Smile
tinribs69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: subscription reduction continued! Reply with quote

How about this for a compromise? all those members that paid within the last 28 days can have 13 months instead of the usual 12?
Don't you think that is a good solution? My husband seems to think it is as it was his idea!! Rolling Eyes
Even if you don't agree with me I still enjoyed this participation in the forum topic! Very Happy
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, if we announced a refund we might be inundated. Imagine if Alistair Darling agreed to give a 2.5% reduction to everyone who bought goods at 17.5% VAT the month before it was reduced Smile OK then, it might not be on that scale, but the principle is the same Wink

Quote:
a shop will refund the difference in the price for an item if you note it and respond within 28 days!

I'm not sure that is the case. I've scanned the Sale of Goods Act and can't find any reference. However, I believe that some stores such as Amazon and Apple do offer this as part of their marketing strategy.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And even for those shops that do offer a price match, that is against a competitor, not their own stores!

Where do you draw the line? If we offered refunds or incentives to those who had subscribed in the week prior then those just outside that time would complain. As we have said, this is a limited time discount offer and the goodwill is in the offer itself and of course our other services here Smile
tinribs69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: subscription reduction again!! Reply with quote

Hi there Robert and Darren and all at GPS,
It has been a great subject hasn't it?I can see your points of view and also all the members who have paid only recently,I do know that nothing will come of my 'not really moanings!' but I have enjoyed participating in a forum discussion! Smile
I do know of certain people(not myself)who have returned goods etc within 28 days when the price has been seen to be reduced and got a refund and then gone back and purchased the same item for the reduced price! I feel personally that that is going a bit too far!but I do know it happens Shocked
Anyway with regard to your reduction I applaud your decision and hope it brings even more members in for you because you deserve them and you do a great job. Very Happy
Keep up the good work and keep that reduction going till I need to renew late next year!
Bye for now!!!
Barbara
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: subscription reduction again!! Reply with quote

tinribs69 wrote:
I do know of certain people(not myself)who have returned goods etc within 28 days when the price has been seen to be reduced and got a refund and then gone back and purchased the same item for the reduced price! I feel personally that that is going a bit too far!but I do know it happens Shocked

I think you'll find that does not apply to electronic media and some other forms of physical digital media such as Music, Games etc,

But anyway, I'm sure you will find you get plenty of value from your membership regardless of which prices you subscribed at and I'm delighted to see you participating, keep it up!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: