Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - You have already made the maximum number of corrections...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

You have already made the maximum number of corrections...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarV12e
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: You have already made the maximum number of corrections... Reply with quote

I have corrected quite a few map errors on the WCE 8.05 map. When I try to add another correction, I get the warning "You have already made the maximum number of corrections to this map. If you make a new correction, your oldest correction will be automatically removed." Shocked

Does this mean what it says?
If the oldest corrections are automaically removed (after being shared), will they be removal also be shared?
Is there any way to increase the limit? Rolling Eyes
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means what it says - see HERE. The problem is at least 8 months old. Maybe you could try getting an answer out of TomTom?

In the meantime, I hope to heaven you're not going round correcting speed limits!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

In the meantime, I hope to heaven you're not going round correcting speed limits!

Why?
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
DennisN wrote:

Why?

I would guess that Dennis is referring to the rounding error in the TomTom SW that results in speed limits of 29, 39, 59 mph instead of 30, 40, 60 mph. The problem only occurs in countrier using mph as speed unit.
JaguarV12e
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
I hope to heaven you're not going round correcting speed limits!

Most of the corrections have been made in France, so the few speed corrections have been kph.

As I am returning to the UK next week, I can take a backup of the unit is now, with the "French Corrections", and restore the unit to a backup I made a couple of months ago when I had not made many corrections.

I presume that will leave my corrections shared for others, and I will have the choiced of reloading them for my next trip to France.

As a side comment, the mapping in small towns in France seems to be much more error ridden than the UK equivalent. I cant understand how they could have gone through and updated the maps with house numbers, and yet leave 100 non-existing streets on the map in the same town.
JaguarV12e
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just reverted to an older backup which only has about 25% of the corrections.

The unit has become more responsive, I had not really noticed it getting less responsive, so it probably gets progressively slower as ("own") corrections are added.

I had noticed a quirk when the corrections were completely full, that after blocking or unblocking a road, the map when redraawn after the correction would not show the correction until the display was refreshed on or two more times.
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, it was myself who posted the original thread about the 'mapshare corrections limit' albeit in the restricted part of the forum. I have had numerous 'discussions' with tomtom about this.

Their first response was that i needed to do the whole reset, reinstall etc. Did that, 2 weeks later i had the same problem.

Next, i was told i had installed tthome into the 'roaming' directory on vista, instead of 'AppData' in windows vista. I explained to Tomtom that i have no choice in the installation of tthome as to where it installs, and i also have only one user account and it IS administrator too. This went back to 2nd line support.

A week later i got a reply, not accepting the directory of installation being wrong excuse was completely rubbish, but merely saying that the corrections limit problem is being worked on and will be fixed in the next release.

How frustrating. My argument is that somewhere along the software design stage, someone has had to design and create the 'mapshare corrections limit reached' page that appears on the tomtom unit. And conversely, someone has to have 'set' the limit of when this message appears.

Tomtom obviously havent expected there to be quite as many errors in their mapping i think!

I was, to be fair, correcting or adding the speed limits of nearly every road i drove on around Newcastle, so for now, only road direction errors go onto it now.

iPhone 12
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falkirk81 wrote:
My argument is that somewhere along the software design stage, someone has had to design and create the 'mapshare corrections limit reached' page that appears on the tomtom unit. And conversely, someone has to have 'set' the limit of when this message appears.

In just the same way that someone who designed the "MapShare corrections counter" add-on for Home, originally thought that 99,999 was a big enough number for the total number of corrections to any map! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: