Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No route to Nottingham
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No route to Nottingham
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom59 wrote:
Well Dennis it was really worth the wait !!
Thank you, thank you, Mr 59 and Welcome to the TomTom Hall of Fame!

At least now we know how the odd teeny map errors creep in - it's dhn in Canada submitting corrections for Chipping Sodbury, because he can't navigate there! Laughing

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all fairness, Brennan at TT has contacted me and agrees that I am right and he is going to sort out the Brighton error. Guinness

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
scarr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Nottingham again! Reply with quote

Hi all,

I read this long post about problems with map corrections and Nottingham, I saw the bit about "turn them off" but I have a TT730 (v8.30) and in the user manual it says.

1. Tap Map correction on main menu
2. Tap Correction preferences
A list of update types will be show

OH NO IT DOES NOT! I get a "trust level" silder and it's set to strict there are no options to turn off map correction!

Can anyone help with this?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connect to PC and run HOME.

In Tools | TomTom Map Share | Remove Corrections

Is that what you want?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
dlpruk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't even try to drive into central Nottingham without a local to navigate you as the trams, pedestrianisations, road works and altered one-way systems are impossible!

Just park at Hucknall and take the tram like other people. (If you can find space!)

David
enanjay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlpruk wrote:
Don't even try to drive into central Nottingham without a local to navigate you as the trams, pedestrianisations, road works and altered one-way systems are impossible!

Just park at Hucknall and take the tram like other people. (If you can find space!)

David

Yes, but if you are coming from the south your sat nav may try and send you through the centre and then you will have problems!

Better to go to Wilkinson street Tram station and let somebody stay with the car for security!
dlpruk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enanjay wrote:

Better to go to Wilkinson street Tram station and let somebody stay with the car for security!

Is it that bad there?

David
scarr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Oldboy your a star Smile worked a treat, god knows why and how large companies first of all manage to mess up like this and second not fix it quickly!

Mapshare in theory is a good idea problem is it's implemeted by idiots Sad

Thanks again.
HairyBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlpruk wrote:

David

I drove to Sheffield recently and the centre was a nightmare in exactly this way - one way streets had been introduced, tramlines everywhere and no entry to normal cars (buses/taxi's only) were everywhere. I came away expecting a ticket to drop through my letterbox as it felt almost impossible not to break the law there, unless your a well practised local Confused
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on people! Let's not slag Sheffield and Nottingham just so easily. I'd prefer to go there than London. And much rather than Milton Keynes where post codes take you to within half a mile or so then abandon you to the mercy of all those grid roads which look exactly alike. When I get a delivery there, I pray for a delivery address phone number - last time I phoned it and the guy came walking out to find me and he agreed I'd never have found him! For example, North Ninth Street, Lower Ninth Street and South Ninth Street - I ask you!!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
enanjay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I work (Nottingham) we often have customers and delivery drivers saying their sat navs (tom tom?) have taken them to another road with the same name about 5 miles away.

After checking mine It appears that if you navigate by postcode with no street number it takes you to the correct location, if you then add a number it takes you to the wrong area which has a different postcode, but this road has a number the same as where I work.

It would appear that tom toms default to street numbers and ignores post codes.
Mal106
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been bitten several times here in the states by the Tom Tom "no route found" problem. They could easily fix this and even be in the handheld market with a minor change in the programming to eliminate this "no route" problem. The fact that the TomTom program ignores destinations not directly served by roads is a shame. I was hoping that it would serve as a back up for other nav sources. It would be quite easy for the "walk" option to provide direct routes to a destination not served by auto assessable roads, one way, closed or even non existent roads. A warning could even be used like, destination not served by usable roads, proceed direct. The direct could be 50 yards or 500+ miles.

The most logical way would be to provide a "direct" option. This would allow use in hiking, off road biking, off road motoring, boating and even flying.

Does anyone see a work around to allow direct nav?
djc1610
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used itinerary planning on mt TT XL Live to plot a route from Ebreuil in France (in the Auvergne) to Calais via several wayoints, well over 300 miles) and it could not find a route.

I then converted all the waypoints into destinations and used TT to travel to Calais stopping the night at each destination. It then found a route without any problem.

Can the "no route" problem be something to do with the length/complexity of the route?

VW RNS 510 and TomTom 5200 World
Mal106
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all that causes it is the fact that the destination or an intermediate point (my 130 doesn't have the itinerary function) is not served by roads in the data base. Interestingly, the initial point in the route doesn't have to be on a road in the DB. In that case the machine seems to either direct you to a road or simply wait until you get there. It should go as close as it can if the point is a destination but it doesn't.

Try a similar length route with addresses in the DB for the final point and no intermediate points. Incidentally, ferry routes are in the DB.

Seems an easy thing to fix/avoid to me...
djc1610
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal106 wrote:
I think all that causes it is the fact that the destination or an intermediate point (my 130 doesn't have the itinerary function) is not served by roads in the data base. Interestingly, the initial point in the route doesn't have to be on a road in the DB. In that case the machine seems to either direct you to a road or simply wait until you get there. It should go as close as it can if the point is a destination but it doesn't.

Try a similar length route with addresses in the DB for the final point and no intermediate points. Incidentally, ferry routes are in the DB.

Seems an easy thing to fix/avoid to me...

In my case this cannot be the cause. I set up a route of around 400 miles with 4 waypoints and no route was found. I then converted the waypoints to destinations and TT was able to get a route for each of the segments.

If it can find a route segment to segment why could it not find a route overall?

VW RNS 510 and TomTom 5200 World

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: