Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Error Message
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Error Message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Error Message Reply with quote

Hi, This is some good news from a previouse HOME problem, I contacted you a few weeks ago over a problem loading HOME onto my pc, Well with the help of the TT team I have now managed to install HOME. It may help other members to know how we (I) did it. They told me to clear any sign of TT or HOME from my pc and then browse the contents of HOME and delete the HOME installer (the icon that looks like a pc) then reload HOME from the TT web site, turn the pc off, fire it back up again and bingo done. Everthing is working well exept the page is to big for my screen and there are no slider/movment bars at the side of the screen. They said to adjust my setup but this makes everything go smaller and doesent solve the problem. But for know I am quite happy the way things are.
Hope this may help someone else.
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using the restore down box top right of screen then strech to size you want with holding left mouse button and draging
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I know what you mean, I've tried most things it's hard to explain what it't like. It's like looking at this screen (to big) and not being able to use the scroll bars to slide it across (or down). I can get away with it for most things but if the NEXT button or DONE button are at the bottom of the second row I cannot select them. I'm sure there must be a simple solution somewere.
Thanks for your reply.
Paul.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the "maximise" icon at the top right of the menu, or right click on an empty part of the task bar at the bottom of your PC screen and select either of the two "tile" options.

That might get it to a state where you can see the scroll bars (or not need them).
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it but it only gains about about 5mm of screen, looking at it a need about 30mm ( I can just see DEVI. of DEVICE) and the bottom icons are cut in half.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved, TT have been on and solved my little problem, it was simply a case of changing the display setting to 1024x768. Everything now fits on one page (including this) it's a bit smaller grant you, but I think it should have been this big right from the start. All I need now are some new glasses so I can read it.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1304 wrote:
I think it should have been this big right from the start.

Damn, we should have though of that...
A lot of modern software only works on that resolution or higher, so it didn't cross my mind you might be set lower.
Quote:
All I need now are some new glasses so I can read it.

I'm beginning to know just what you mean myself! Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: